The Corroboree
toast

Ash vs Evil Dead - ayahuasca scene

Anyone else been streaming Ash vs Evil Dead?

It's the latest instalment in the Evil Dead franchise.

There's a scene in one of the episodes where Ash takes aya with a brujo to contact a demon or something. I wasn't expecting it but it's s sign of the times I guess.

• Like 3

Yeah, I saw that last night. Did you notice all of the trichocereus cactus planted alongside the shamans house in a few shots too? That was pretty cool. :)

I made contact with a demon once. well not really he made contact with me.

was on a mixture of scoplamine, hyocine, atropine and some other unknown edit: (tropane) alkaloids.

he was very persistent and trying his green arse off to have me accept his challenge but I laughed in his face and pissed him right off.

so then he began morphing into objects and household wares grinning at me like he was going to beat me. I just smiled at the c#nt and thought keep trying man. I was scared but I just kept reminding myself it's all in your head... but, truly I don't know how much was in my head, it still haunts me to this day and after our meeting terrible tragedys started occuring ptetty regularly.

could be coincidence? I think so. but maybe there is demons and they have some sort of magical illustrations to paint on those who fuck with them?

Edited by wert
  • Like 2

Good spot Zed...lol....I gotta find a way to see this

IMBd gives it 9.1/10

post-8169-0-95333800-1449661670_thumb.jp

lol.jpg

lol.jpg

• Like 1

phew! i'm glad thats not cactus burning in the background but i had to zoom in to check though

how spooky is it ...?

will it give me nightmares? :3

Quite an adventure Wert! tropes are phenominally powerful eh?

yes indeed my days with them are well n truly over thats for sure.

another trippy thing that happened that night. and bear in mind my missus was completely sober at the time.

we were sitting on the couch when my missys head jolted from left to right across the room... I was like wtf! did you see that? she said I felt something.

what I saw was a dog running full pace through the room past my missus and in the exact direction she finished up looking.

then she got really scared. really fucking scared.

but I was like it's ok were safe even though I knew I was tripping balls and she was straight but honestly that incedence scared the shit out of me to.

best to leave those tropanes alone me thinks.

Hope some hacker here can edit out that scene for us to evaluate.

It sounds like a typical Hollywood style action film with Ayahuasca just being used as literary device to enhance the plot. The trailer didn't show any Aya scenes just heaps of blood and guts and the ever triumphant hero doing hero shit.

I've been avoiding torrents since the shit hit the fan, so I can't rip any scenes but I found a few sites that give an overview of the movie.

http://www.ew.com/recap/ash-vs-evil-dead-season-1-episode-4

It might be OK to scare the pants off your missus :wink:

It's not really a scary show, it's stupidly schlocky and pretty silly. Quips and cliches run fast and thick. So yeah, don't go in expecting a great philosophical debate about psychadelics and their healing powers or anythign else particularly deep. But it's a fun show even if you aren't a full horror buff or anything.

The cactus was just a welcome background filler that I guess gave some credit to the shows research about shamanism I suppose even though the whole aya thing didn't really add anything to the plot. Also, I just really like cactus.

[edit] - Sally, get a VPN. :wink:

Edited by zed240