The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Dozer

Stolen Cacti, Again....

EG? cutting the thumb of the thief? the sharia-extremist jihadists way?

Derek? "In my state, you'd probably make it off fine for shooting a trespasser dead, assuming you have a decent lawyer and 'feared for your life' :wink: " ?

wtf? "hey a trespasser! He's coming right for us!! Shoot him!"

reference : Southpark episode #1 I think: mountain...

we know what's the result of american guys having guns with too much freedom and no brains:

accidental shootings in the house: 5 year old kills his 2y.o. sister with daddy's gun

or 15 year old, gets his semi-automatic riffle and goes to school shooting everyone

heck, there are even kid guns now! real guns, real in that they kill.

they got pink riffles for little girls?!?

Suggesting to get a gun for a cactus robbery, is ...... such an american act..

for fucks sake

these are no common thieves, they're druggie hippies probably

This happens only becauase you have too many druggies in oz. and usa.

Do you think its so hard to ID a tricho garden?

I am happy the OP doesnt think guns and such

PS: if those laws for trespassing were true in my country we would get shot all the time for collecting wild mushrooms, herbs, and in general edible wild food.

Edited by sagiXsagi
  • Like 3

dont know what you're talking about :P

• Like 2

bad humoar mode one;

maybe I should consider giving the eilleen freebie that Derek deserves according to the rules I set, to the 4rth guy... he is in CA. Maybe there its not legal to shoot some trespasser, if you just claim you feared for your life... :P

but bad humoar aside, I need a reply from derek , man , wtf??

I remember some threads in the nook, couple years back, people being afraid of ... anything...

but they were always of the trichocereus only garden shit , and then they would wonder about their paranoia

I was saying: well you cant grow 200+ of the same or similar (to common eye) clones

and not expect someone to suspect something...

well they're a grafting stock. they're perhaps the best graftin stock

but , you know

get plenty of other cacti along..

because, mostly, its MORE BEAUTIFULL

monotricho gradens are boring to me, except we 'are talking to extensive/old/in the ground old plants collections

this is a specialized theft ... they didn't take them becauase "oh so pretty"

in anycase, I dont believe they deserve to be shot for what they did...

these are bottom-level hippie druggiez, possible junkies , but dont really know ozzie mentality

but, yeah, 2nd time , wow, that sucks!

but.... a gun? c'mon man!! a cut/thumb?

these are all emotional reactions to support the OP , right?

its just a theft no?

Edited by sagiXsagi
  • Like 1

Great apologies for whom I may have offended.

Yes, it seems to be a cultural issue.

The argument isn't whether or not we should have such loose regulations for having guns in America. Our laws allow guns and therefore there will be guns... yes it's unfortunate that these guns frequently get into the wrong hands (thugs and children) but this is an inevitable consequence of liberal gun laws. It is indeed part of the American culture to allow gun 'rights', and regardless of how you or I feel, this won't be changing anytime soon. I'm not discussing whether these liberal regulations are correct or not.

Also, my main point was to contrast the differences in culture, from in Oz where you can't even have a guard dog, to the US where in some places you can shoot a trespasser dead.

But anyways- the fact of the matter is that guns are allowed and therefore guns are around. With that in mind, why not possess one yourself? If you consider yourself a responsible adult (and do what is necessary to keep it out of the hands of children), I don't see how it would be a bad thing. How these guns are to be used, that is the question.

Where I live, people don't have very large portions of land for property. The way my property is set up... it's a relatively small area, probably less than 1,000 sq meters, enclosed by a 2m tall brick wall. The only entrances are through locked gates or by climbing the wall. With that being said, nobody has any business venturing onto this property. Anyone trespassing here would have to be well aware, and would definitely be coming with malicious intent. Nobody could possibly just end up there on accident or without ill intentions. If somebody found themselves inside this area, they would without a doubt be intending to damage, steal, hurt, or kill; in this case, I believe it would be acceptable to return the favor :wink: . Yes, killing another is drastic and very disgusting, but I do have some difficulty sympathizing with someone whom intends to do me such wrong.

Obviously if I was on a larger piece of land like what you're imagining... without such restricted access (say a wire or wooden fence), I would not feel so strongly about trespassing. I wouldn't know what the tresspasser's intentions are- they could be, like you said just looking for mushrooms, or even just doing a little harmless exploring. I'm not so ignorant and disregarding for humanity that I would shoot somebody just for the hell of it!

But in my current situation, any trespasser would be very aware of what they are doing, and with obvious ill intentions.

Hopefully I have clarified my perspective. I don't want to change the topic of this thread to whether or not gun possession is immoral.

About the freebie, that is obviously up to you; my feelings will not be hurt. But I do apologize if my perspective has offended you... this is just what I have grown up around and what I know :)

Edited by Derkshaman

Who needs a guard dog when you have mote of spiny plants/cacti around the perimeter of your yard! Their screams would act as an alarm system also so you could go poke them

With a stick while they are entangled and laugh at them HAHa! Plus you would have a sick cacti garden!!!

Edited by Schoey88
  • Like 2

^^^^

exactly. a spine fence ! put the spiniest at the very edge of the fence towards the most unlikable neighbor...

this is is symbolic

then take all the cuzcoensis people dont want to plant around and do a spine fence ....

hey derek, I might re-read what you said,

I mean better

but yeah , dude, its a cultural thing... also political thing ...

people around here dont have guns... cops and criminals have guns

hunters have rifles... a traditiional thing here too..

political activists use guns in 'symbolic political actions'.. criminals and mafia type have guns and maybe could easily get you a kalashnikov .

to be honest with you? I dont know anyone who owns a gun... I have seen semi automatic guns and and I am happy I fired with one of them HK-11 in the OBLIGATORY army here in greece... that's the only experience with firing guns , yo ... that's the thing in most greek households... now fasicsts, or illegals of any kind, sure they got guns...

but you know, a gun for a cactus theft?

derek>>>

me personaly, I have seen too many fucked-up films( the majority are US-produced)

that indicate that I should more be afraid of people, but I am not yet convinced...

maybe greece us actually a good place to live, despite the crisis

dude... I dont really want to process what you're saying...

and yeah, I am, sending the eileen freebie to somebody else

sorry

didnt'knowew usa was a battle field....

well I thought the us TV series were make believe

didnt know most US citizens are serial killers!

ok , sorry, I didn't want to insult arizona gun habits..

shoot them all fuckers

ANY FUCKER THAT COMES

just like the movies

as long as "they coming right for you" :wink: right?

Edited by sagiXsagi
  • Like 1

The joint hasn't been the same with u Sagi.

I second the Doods welcome. :)

• Like 2

Hmm i do hate guns...

BUT...

What if you could train your cactus to operate some type of weapon?

Better yet, what if you could genetically modify things so you had a big spiky cactus crossed with a great big fuck off dog that could operate weaponry of some kind?..with motion sensor security camera eyes...that shoots laser beams out its ass...

Think of it as the ultimate cacti collection guardian...

Perhaps its a bad idea..

A girl can always dream :)

• Like 3

Lol.

I have a feeling language barrier plays a part in this, or perhaps you're simply trying to instigate.

Either way, I could care less about your criticism.

Hopefully we can agree to disagree!

Like I said, somebody who climbs a 2 meter wall onto locked up, private property is not at all welcome, nor are their ill intentions whatever they may be, and said person needs to be careful in doing so. If this seems unreasonable, then we are nothing alike.

Judging another based on South Park, that on the other hand is very sophisticated. It's a funny show, but keep in mind that it's satire.

Edited by Derkshaman

shoot the fuck away like "space invaders" is what I say

derek>>>

me personaly, I have seen too many fucked-up films( the majority are US-produced)

that indicate that I should more be afraid of people, but I am not yet convinced...

maybe greece us actually a good place to live, despite the crisis

If you don't come upon others with malicious intent you have little to be afraid of :wink:

I sorta think your overreacting a little sagi.... Of course no one should kill anyone unless they are threatened with their life. For the most part people are good, but don't forget there are people with ill intentions, who care less about the respect you have for others. One must be vigilant, when necessary I believe. Derkshaman has a point. If you are scaling his 2 meter brick fence to gain access to HIS property(seriously what acceptable reason would there be, really?), you surely must accept the consequences of your actions. Seems logical to me anyway... Flame away :P

Edited by Schoey88
  • Like 1

Hmmm this thread has caused great disappointment in the human kind for me (the stealing thing)...

And now its making me glare distastefully at my subpar dogs who are not crossed with cacti, cannot record from their eyes and cannot use weaponry and cannot shoot lasers from their asses..

This world is truly disappointing sometimes...

Sorry again for your loss dozer, hoepfully you can up the security even tho you shouldnt have to :)

• Like 2

Hmm i do hate guns...

BUT...

What if you could train your cactus to operate some type of weapon?

Better yet, what if you could genetically modify things so you had a big spiky cactus crossed with a great big fuck off dog that could operate weaponry of some kind?..with motion sensor security camera eyes...that shoots laser beams out its ass...

Think of it as the ultimate cacti collection guardian...

Perhaps its a bad idea..

A girl can always dream :)

I really like your dream lol xD

How the fuck did this thread get derailed? I don't give a crap but gee, some nonsense about nonsense.

I might have to train my ginger ninja kitty cat to attack people, no one ever speaks of putting down an attack cat.

• Like 4

It dosnt have to be just a dream upside!

I feel GM is being wasted on creating disgusting unnatural food...

Now my idea for the future of GM...

Now, thats a worthwhile use for scientific adavances....

(Sits here hoping to jeebus noone thinks im serious and launches an attack towards me about the dangers of GM....because in this situation i am sorry but i will not be swayed ;) )

• Like 2

Oh and look into guard kitties... i have a 7.5kg ginger kitty and i even have appropriate signage :)post-17125-0-26094100-1447805876_thumb.j

Ill shut up now and wander out :)

Onwards with the cacti protection ideas contributed by others :)

post-17125-0-26094100-1447805876_thumb.jpg

post-17125-0-26094100-1447805876_thumb.jpg

I know loads of people in aus with legal registered guns, they are a tool like a knife. Guns don't kill people, people kill people. I'f your out in the scrub and you meet a big ass pig you are gonna be happy you have one. Don't think a bullet is worth using on a thief, survalence would catch the guy and is so cheap these days.

• Like 3

I agree that a surveillance system would likely be sufficient if your only concern is to protect your plants. And a lot more affordable than building a greenhouse.

If you go with a greenhouse, what kind of material would you be thinking? Hopefully you can make it bulletproof :wink:

• Like 1