The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Conv3rgence

Using BAP on succulents and euphorbias

I was wondering if it's possible. BAPing acti involves scratching it into an areole with a toothpick. But succulents/euphorbias don't seem to all have areoles. So how to BAP? Does anyone have any experience doing this? Would it be foolish to BAP a slow growing succulent like a Haworthia?

Would it be foolish to BAP a slow growing succulent like a Haworthia?

imho, yes.

it would be much smarter to promote natural growth in the hopes of propagating it.

The Euphorbias I have all have aerola of some type.

The ones without thorns... just apply it to where they put out branches, leaves, or flowers.

I don't find this chemical very useful: most plants already have a good idea of how many branches they're able to support. Most of the BAP applications I see result in skinny growth, and sometimes aborted pups, slowed growth, etc. The plant normally is bottle-necked by how much chlorophyll it has- how much photosynthesis it has going on, and branches accordingly.

Applying it a slow growing succulent would be especially detrimental.

Yeh I figured as much. I've just got 10 grams of BAP powder sitting in a cupboard, never used. I bought it back when I saw a lot of people using it but I couldn't bring myself to use it on my babies. I might try it on a few ugly rooted logs that have yet to pup.

i have used it on a bridgesii stump to allocate the areoles which i desired growth and it worked splendidly!