The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Derkshaman

Looking to Buy Rare Trichocereus Clones in the US

Howdy everybody. I'm pretty new to these forums, but not so new to collecting cacti, which I've been seriously into since I was around 13 (granted I'm still very young). I know I don't have a lot of posts yet, so it's hard to tell how serious I am about collecting, but most likely by the time you read this I'll have some pictures of my garden up to share! Anyways, with enough of an introduction I'll get to it.

I'm currently seeking a couple clones in particular, from others in the US (due to the hassles of importing).

In particular, I am looking for a cutting of T. Bridgesii "Psycho0". After seeing some pictures from Nitrogen on Misplant's website I'm quite obsessed!

Other clones like "T. Argentinensis", Sharxx Blue, Yowie, and Rosei #1 are also on my list to obtain. If anyone has any other unique trichocereus clones, especially ones that get blue and have long thorns, I'd likely be interested in those as well!

I know these plants are hard to come across, and that those who have them might be hesitant to trade. If anyone is willing, I would pay quite generously.

Edited by Derkshaman
  • Like 1

due to the hassles of importing

which hassles would those be, pray tell?

I would highly recommend you contact one or more of the gazillions of super friendly aussie cactiholics on this forum and purchase directly from them for all the aussie clones you seek.....

• Like 2

which hassles would those be, pray tell?

I would highly recommend you contact one or more of the gazillions of super friendly aussie cactiholics on this forum and purchase directly from them for all the aussie clones you seek.....

I'm sorry, it's just that I had the understanding that importing cuttings is difficult and more expensive than the actual cutting! You bring me good news in saying otherwise.

Could anyone chime in the expense of shipping foot long cuttings to America? And there aren't many issues with customs? If I could obtain it from an aussie that would make things much easier.

Edited by Derkshaman

the postage cost to send parcels to the USA are the same no matter the state.

Often the cost of postage exceeds the cost of the cactus depending on what plant (s) they are.

Postal Declarations are required to filled out and added to each parcel.

Takes 7-10 days.

Customs depends on your state.

Aus post offers no tracking outside of the country.

Aus post insurance is a waste is money also if sending OS, the hassle of trying to get them to pay up if something goes wrong isn't worth the bullshit.

Be cautious who you choose to send your cactus if you decide to, often the trade reputations on this site which you should check throuroughly first before buying are bullshit soo be aware..

• Like 5

After educating myself about shipping costs, I now have no large preference to find the cuttings domestically.

Would love to arrange a purchase from AU just as well!

Be cautious who you choose to send your cactus if you decide to, often the trade reputations on this site which you should check throuroughly first before buying are bullshit soo be aware..

Who you talking about in particular, I'd love to know so I can also steer clear of the bullshit sellers too..?!

Who you talking about in particular, I'd love to know so I can also steer clear of the bullshit sellers too..?!

He's probably talking about the guys who have a direct link to their trade rep thread in their sig line, ROFLMAO

j/k olive :P

Can't be telling the truth bout that now, it will escalate to festering lumps of shit we don't need.

It's also my opinion, someone else may have got gold from the same seller so it's an iffy system in the first place.

He's probably talking about the guys who have a direct link to their trade rep thread in their sig line, ROFLMAO

j/k olive :P

Prepare your'e ewoks for battle Zelly, the Death Star is comn