The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
bullit

JABOTICABA [Myrciaria cauliflora] seed giveaway

oi, i have only a few of these fresh from the tree. 1st 3 posts for now..

cheeeers

• Like 7

nice, if it's worldwide I'm in ;)

Edited by dajindo
  • Like 1

nice, if it's worldwide I'm in ;)

still havnt sent your calea seed sorry. i can post u a few with the calea if ya keen?

they look allot like the davidson plum aye?

yeap they do but thet have a very fine leaf and can take up to 10 years to fruit, and they are super sweet not like the davidson

• Like 1

cool, by all reports they taste great, would love to get one going

• Like 1

cool, by all reports they taste great, would love to get one goin

pm us , i will sent u out some

still havnt sent your calea seed sorry. i can post u a few with the calea if ya keen?

Sure, sounds good :) thanks

• Like 1

I'm in too if I'm not too late. I'm trying to find as much variety as possible and I'd love some more to grow from seed.

I also used to find them regularly at the Yandina markets, I have one potted plant still alive from those days :)

There are a number of different species in the genus, and yellow ones too -which you can get from Daley's fruit tree nursery.

Thanks Bullit :)

Edited by Halcyon Daze
  • Like 1

Got one, their a great looking tree =) The skins of the Brazilian grape's are used as a medicine too. I cant recall now what for though. feeling its rather general.

as far as worldwide goes, dont know about worldwide as such but i think they got round well in short time. Reports of them growing wild up round toowoomba are more than 20 years old now. I however can not recall seeing one in the wild. I could never forget that!

I could however walk right past it without it's fruits =(

Edited by ghosty
  • Like 1

Got one, their a great looking tree =) The skins of the Brazilian grape's are used as a medicine too. I cant recall now what for though. feeling its rather general.

as far as worldwide goes, dont know about worldwide as such but i think they got round well in short time. Reports of them growing wild up round toowoomba are more than 20 years old now. I however can not recall seeing one in the wild. I could never forget that!

I could however walk right past it without it's fruits =(

i have 1 or 2 seeds left halcyon :wink:

@ ghostly they are a spectacular looking tree thats for sure the 1 @ work is over 20 years old and shes a stunner.. i also have seen them around the coast growing wild the birds love moving the seed around ..

no more seeds for now , thanks :bootyshake:

Edited by bullit

Geezus Bullit, That's great to hear. I'm yet to witness the glory of this tree in such mature form. I must ask to come across it =)

I had a look at a property that I want to buy today and there's two of them in the orchard. One was grafted and the other seed grow, the guy said the seed grown was the sweeter tasting one. Both of them fruited at 8 years.

• Like 1