The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Psyentist

Beware, possible delays from Gumtree seller

The reason I offered some pedro is to help lift our spirits and cool the situation so much negative energy atm .The social side is killing the ethno side and many get distracted from that point .But a warning thread would be a good idea maybe if the posts were mod approved before posting .Its fucked PD is doing that I hope he gets his shit together .

• Like 3

Discostu, you are making a scene of something that doesn't exists in this thread. Normal 'aggrieved' trades would not justify the posting of private info of other members. The mod/admin team need to be pretty certain of wrongdoing before we allow such breach of trust. ie we need to be convinced that there has been a breach of trust by the seller before we would allow an exemption from our privacy rules.

i'm sorry torsten but no. psyentist posted the name, phone number and bank details of someone he had a personal aggrievement with. these were personal details pd sent to psyentist in the trade. i don't care if you think that anything goes once someone feels personally aggrieved. there is no excuse for posting these details.

tell me otherwise, were pd's name and bank account posted in the gumtree ad? if they were then I will oblige but as it transpires they were not.

the details were cleared up and i thank the admin team for that but my gripe goes to psyentist. he posted the personal details to begin with, and peoples personal details posted to the forum will lead to trouble.

trust is everything

my gripe goes to psyentist.

Mate, my original posts title included his first name, the area he was from and his phone number, all obtained from gumtree. I also included his bank details as these 4 facts were the only things I knew about him.

I wasn't the one who linked him to this forum.

• Like 2

Let it go Stu

I didn't think Psyentist went about it the right way initially, but he did go back several times and edit the title of the thread - he possibly went too far and toned it down too much IMO.

It's out there now, all we can do is wait and see how PD responds.

Edited by Sally

trust is everything

Implicitly trusting anyone via a virtual relationship is inherently risky.

I don't see anything here from Psy that makes that risk any higher.

Getafix

• Like 2

Just to clarify Sally,

I edited out his bank details and forum name (which I only added after finding out from watertrade) from the the title.

The mods deleted the name, region and phone number.

[edit: and to further clarify for everyone, I have exchanged around 50 sms with him over the previous month arranging this sale. On Monday I sent one to him confirming I'd put the money through. He replied thanking me, to which I replied with a question about when he would get a chance to post them. Silence since then after numerous calls and sms. Seemed very suspicious.]

Edited by Psyentist
  • Like 1

Disco Stu, we enforce the no private information rule. Simple as that. Please don´t make this about SAB because what we have here are two people that made a sale on a totally different site. Posting personal details is absolutely not allowed on SAB and we enforce that rule. We delete names, contents of pms and everything else that could be problematic. But if someone rips people off on a regular basis, I dont think that´s a good idea.

I also think that future buyers should have the right to know when there´s a pattern in order to avoid being ripped off. You know, it is a blatant abuse of sales websites or our sales & trades forum when people intentionally defraud others and none of us will let that happen.

Edited by Evil Genius
  • Like 4

Posting Rules

1) Do not incriminate yourself or others.
from what ive read in this thread i now know a members name that may not have wanted that information made public, and his phone number
how is that acceptable ?
after looking up the definition of incriminate
verb
  1. make (someone) appear guilty of a crime or wrongdoing.

If this member did do the wrong thing then by my interutation of the rules that should have been keep quite, not that im advocating that, im just trying to interupt the rules

Also, I would like to add...

I've traded with quite a number of members on here, more than my trade rep would lead you to believe.

And as they should know, discretion is my middle name.

• Like 1

heaps of people trade here i gave out so many prints at one point and no one posted in my trade rep .Bet a lot of people notice that too

• Like 4

Psyentist I would trade with you anyday, as I trust you to deliver what you say and I know you are an honourable person.

I'm all for outing the disperutable traders on this site and others.

Let the fucking heads roll.

It's the industries responsibility to reform itself by people taking it upon ourselves to be honourable and honour all trades and sales.

What's wrong with this?

No one is above the 'traders code', no matter the circumstances.

• Like 1

Thanks olive.

I appreciate it mate.

[edit: although I do think there can be cases for compassion, communication is the key to commerce by correspondence.]

Edited by Psyentist

while I still very strongly about disclosing confidential information, in the sober light of day I see I impugned Psyentist's character unfairly and cast doubt on his trustworthiness as a trader when I had no reason to do so. So for that Psyentist I apologise and my part in this matter is now over.

• Like 4

No worries at all Stu.

I understand your concern and it was well founded.

I do regret my heat-of-the-moment actions and if I had my time again I would handle the matter differently.

As a conclusion to this matter, I would like everyone to know that it seems it was a misunderstanding on my part.

I've just received a phone call tonight from our friend and it seems he has had quite a severe health problem over the last week and has not had his phone turned on.

He acknowledged though that he should have let me know what was going on and was completely well-mannered and apologetic. I acknowledged that I've over-reacted and should've been a bit more patient.

So I apologize to him for my lack of trust and I apologize to everyone else bringing up this whole issue.

I feel quite ashamed of myself.

I will re-edit the main title of the tread to more of a truthful statement.

Sorry.

• Like 4

Just as a final update to this matter.

I received my plants in the mail today and am very happy indeed!

Super nice, fat, healthy cuts and a couple of bonus' to boot.

I would buy from this seller again (maybe with PayPal though just in case) and recommend him to my friends.

If you do have a delay, be patient unlike me. It's worth the wait.

Thanks mate.

• Like 6

particular time based issues aside, PD pretty much has some of the nicest plants & most epic garden in the country!

• Like 2

Good to hear that this has been resolved. If it wasnt for the rough deals that we encountered in the past, we wouldn´t always assume the worst whenever he has a problematic deal. But no matter what, I am feeling sorry about how this sale went south and I wish PD nothing but the best. In a situation like this, there are no winners and everyone feels bad afterwards.

• Like 3