The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
spiders

Ghb 'od' on the news

Why is it that trendy rave parties like Two tribes have patrons that always manage to get themselves in hospital - this time by overdosing on GHB = when bush events where substance consumption probably dwarfs that of the Two Tribes event yet there are no hospital casualties??

Guest electro

coz there are more people taking drugs to be fucked beyond belief to prove how hardarsed they are at raves than there are at doofs.

im just annoyed that tjhey od'd on ghb,... giving it an even worse name than it already has ...

Really,did they truekly overdose ? or did they just take a real dose of it and fall asleep (by real i mean for its original purpose, to knock you out for operations [in combo with 1 other drug] as an anasthetic).

For a with such a high ld50 i dont see how so many people are managing to land themselves in hospital with this ? Are people not standardising doses dissolved in liquid, are people just being dumbshits n having too much or are people just caling anesthesia an od ?

I saw 3 different news pieces, and about 90% of the time it was called gbh, then they would go on to call it ghb in the exact same piece. :rolleyes:

It annoys me more seeing how the articles are often completely wrong and very misleading, all it does is spread drug paranoia and makes us that little bit more further away from any kind of legalisation of any substance.

[ 08. March 2004, 18:54: Message edited by: gerbil ]

Yeah and apparently they don't even know the difference between gram and milliliter...

totally idiotic, they said:

GBH is so popular because it's so cheap...

"One gram only costs $3, while a gram of heroin costs 50 bucks..."

the dumbest comparison anyone can imagine...

these news reporters have NO idea...

I reckon it would have been 1.4b, rather than GHB...which is kind of exotic and more expensive these days...whereas 1.4b seems to be quite prevalent!

Julian.

What I find annoying is the news stry that caught my eye at the start of the news was "dangerous 'new' drug blah blah blah"... then they go on about GHB, giving the street names as GBH, or grievous bodily harm (does anyone actually use that term for it apart from the media and school teachers?) and it made me think... how long does a drug need to be in the spotlight of the media for it to no longer be classed as a new drug... GBH has to be going on 7 years since I first heard about it as a young impressionable school boy

-bumpy

Guest electro

yup ... the wonder almost side effect less anasthetic (20 yr plus usage) gone antidepressant (not for long) gone "club drug" then demonised for 7 years and it's still new ...

when will people learn.. if you dont legalise you are simply forcing to take unknown dosages and quantities ...

to the government: give up ! you cant win the war on freedom (erm drugs) so stop trying to maximise the harm done !

Why, when alcohol prohibition was proven to be such a foolish and dangerous idea do you persist in attempting to curb the supply (read forcing more and more unknown shit into the market to meet the demand)

The blood of those poor people (who od and die form preventable things like od's) is on your hands.. you the police, you the politicians who use the war on drugs as a political crutch to help you win elections, and you the public for not thinking about the conflicting information you get from the media...

Then you get these doss cunts writting into every paper saying 'the govt should get harder on drugs - blah blah.' and these people never have even a remote understanding of any of the real issues.

An example is a person that my friend knows - at a dinner party she told us - and she actually believed - that the rise in roadrage was a direct result of 'everyone being on drugs. You know that atleast half the people out there are on drugs - you can see them when they walk around looking strange, or when they get angry at you as they drive along - its the drugs - its terrible.'

Apparently she regularly writes into newspapers preaching her anti-'drug' bullshit blissfully so far from reality that its amazing! Its like the people who used to be blind christian fundamentalists who had to rationalise all ill int he world by blaming the devil - lucifer (which is really the name of the morning star converted to the devil to stop its worship), now look at the 'evil of drugs' as the cause of all ill in the world.

I think a concerted effort to dose these people would do us all a favour :) watching her and her husband engage in rutting sex after unbeknowningly consuming 100mcg of syd might change her outlook :0

But at the same time, this woman's daughter had a cough - she got antibiotics and they didnt work - so the doctor told this woman that her daughter was suffering from anxiety! The child has no other symptoms - no anxiety related symptoms, but this woman blindly accepted that because the quack couldnt explain it, she must have anxiety.

Her 12 year old daughter is now on her fourth week of Zoloft!!

I enjoyed explaining the similarities of SRIs - MDMA and her daughter's current drug = 'wow, she's like a raver now.'

"An example is a person that my friend knows - at a dinner party she told us - and she actually believed - that the rise in roadrage was a direct result of 'everyone being on drugs."

well, I'm guessing thats kinda true... the amount of bogans driving their V8 holden utes or rusty old shit boxes that their mechanic mate gave a roadworthy cert to because they shouted him a carton, who I've seen beep people and throw the finger up and yell abuse, who have been wearing VB, XXXX, Bundy or Jim Beam singlets is pretty fuckin high,,, not to mention that I saw alot of this when I was working in a servo on very busy road in brisbane, most of the time it happened after they'd just come in and bought a coke and a pack of cigs

fuck I hated that job

I now clean up rat shit for money...it pays better..and i prefer the company of the rats :)

hell, don't listen to me...I'm on drugs... a 6 pack of tooheys on an empty stomach after 2 hours or sport...goes straight to the head.

well shit, I forgot the point I was gonna make, I'm gonna go watch the rest of Angel... in this episode they are having a party and they all seem to be boozed out of their skulls

-bumpy

quote:

"An example is a person that my friend knows - at a dinner party she told us - and she actually believed - that the rise in roadrage was a direct result of 'everyone being on drugs."

well, I'm guessing thats kinda true... the amount of bogans driving their V8 holden utes or rusty old shit boxes that their mechanic mate gave a roadworthy cert to because they shouted him a carton, who I've seen beep people and throw the finger up and yell abuse, who have been wearing VB, XXXX, Bundy or Jim Beam singlets is pretty fuckin high,,, not to mention that I saw alot of this when I was working in a servo on very busy road in brisbane, most of the time it happened after they'd just come in and bought a coke and a pack of cigs

fuck I hated that job

I now clean up rat shit for money...it pays better..and i prefer the company of the rats

i find that real funny.

'fess up--who's got a VB, XXXX, Bundy or Jim Beam singlet? isn't it an aussi standard? like hats w/corks?

i heard, be it from a fairly dubious source, that the weekend of two tribes in Melb. was a slow weekend for GHB od's! Apparently the average weekend in Melbourne, they get around 20-30 ghb related hospital admissions, the weekend in question they only had 10 or so, it was just that they had party pics to go along with it... :rolleyes:

I don't know how accurate this is but it is certainly interesting none the less.

[ 12. March 2004, 10:35: Message edited by: visualfx ]

bluemeanie:

- that the rise in roadrage was a direct result of 'everyone being on drugs. You know that atleast half the people out there are on drugs - you can see them when they walk around looking strange, or when they get angry at you as they drive along - its the drugs - its terrible.'

caffeine? :rolleyes:

or overactive thyroids?? :)

Guest electro

re " 20-30 ghb related hospital admissions" that wouldnt surprise me... but id bet that 90% + of those were ghb + other depressant (usually alcohol)......

makes the world of difference in saftey

But as well all know prescription drugs espcially Valium are and OK drugs cause they allow the corporate controlled governments to more easily control the docile popula.... opps i mean they help people be a HAPPY and PRODUCTIVE citizen in this fantastic democratic society ruled by U(.)S(.) the people.

mmm or am i just a tad tooo paranoid?? :confused:

[ 18. March 2004, 13:06: Message edited by: alucinare ]