The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
theobromos

Tattoo advice

I have just had my first tattoo and would like to know if there are better things than flammazine ointment to rub on it. I don't mind for the first few days but is there any other more natural procedure for later? I have a large and healthy aloe vera plant, for example.

Also what high sun protection factors are pure vegetable? Carrot in cocoa butter? If he had told me it was prone to fade in sunlight beforehand I wouldn't have had it on my wrist.

sesame / avocado oil ?

i think sesame has spf 2 - 4, not sure about black sesame, and avocado is higher but i forget what spf that is

i forget what it's called but with one of my tatts i was given a cream made from tea tree oil which worked great!

otherwise i just use bepanthen.

also paw paw ointment is supposed to be pretty good.

"Rosa Cream" or "Scarless Healer"

From healthy outlets...has Calendula,comfrey and Hypericum in it,it took 6 days from tatt to scab free

i always use fresh aloe vera gel followed by a film of neem seed oil when i get searing oil burns (mostly on my hands & forearms) while cooking (which unfortunately happens every month or so, it seems) .. the neem oil is brilliant for reducing inflammation & repairing the tissue damage..it's also antiviral/fungal/bacterial

i suppose the aloe helps also, but i find that more just soothing than anything, because i slice off a leaf and keep it in the fridge, using just a little at a time

no scars yet

A flower of the Lesser Periwinkle, Vinca minor.

Thanks for the suggestions, I usually heal fast so I hope it will be over soon. I just threw away a huge bunch of Hypericum that I never got round to making an oil from.

are you happy with it?

let's see!

I might scan it and use it for my little picture.

I am delighted with it and the occurrences of the days previous of which I will be reminded.

I have always relied on the serendipity of strangeness.