The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Chainsaw

couple questions by 1st time fungi grower

Hey guys, just done my first jars up and they colonized quicker than I expected...only took 5 days (used a syringe between 3 jars though). I was bit rough when it came to sterility so was surprised it even worked. Anyways just wondering 1) how long u can keep a colonized jar 4 before it goes into a grow box... And 2) would a normal humidity or clone box work ok 2 fruit them in?

• Like 1

LC fully colonised in 5 days? I'm yet to see if but I don't have lots of experience. At best I can get g2g to colonise in 7-8 days. Sounds like a contam mate, if you really can't tell the difference have a wif, mycelium smells like mushrooms..

• Like 2

I was bit rough when it came to sterility so was surprised it even worked

if you were rough with sterility chances are its contamination, and my guess is you have 3 jars of cobweb mould. its the only thing i know that can colonise a substrate that quick

• Like 2

Cobweb mould is off white if I'm right,, mycelium is nice n white. Can u post a pic?

• Like 1

Cobweb mold is more grey, isn't it ?

Off white is close to grey. If it's not white I'm sure you don't have what you want.

should really post photos.

cobweb starts as white, then as it fruits it goes grey and starts to look powdery. as a first time grower it could be hard to distinguish. but yeah mycelium is usually white, but also dense thick strands.

• Like 1

Thanks for info guys. Can't get clear photos thru the glass. Was mostly grey colour and after yesterday was patch of Orange in couple jars as well. All good will set myself up better n try again. Was working in open space so will try using glove box or something next time.

• Like 1