The Corroboree
cactuscarl

urgent... need advice on spore prints

As the title says I need advice on making some prints

I have crinkled up tin foil or grease proof paper which would be better.

• Like 1

Shiny paper works alright, but its not as sterile as foil. watch glasses are the bomb for me.

But i used plenty of magazines and all kinda stuff with success

id go foil. probably better chance of it being sterile, and easier to fold and maintain sterility.

but grease proof paper would work ok if you needed it to.

best way to print, is place cap on the foil and leave for 24 hours. place a cup over the cap to maintain humidity.

spores do not drop off the gills they are forcibly ejected so humidity is important.

after 24 hours remove the cap, place the glass back on top this time to maintain sterility so dust and other spores do not settle. let dry out for 24 hours then fold over and/or place within foil envelope, and a baggie.

label, and done.

• Like 3

Thank guys :) these are wild collected spores and the tin foil is left over from lunch so I think I'll try a few on both send ppl both..

• Like 1

Good on ya for making some QLD prints to share Carl. Seems like lots of picking up that way but not so much prints being shared around.

Just asking, but is there no way you can't get some new, smooth, flat foil that wasn't previously wrapped around your lunch? A little effort goes a long way ;)

• Like 3

Yeah I'll get some nicer ones. I thought there would be foil at home. I've got abo

10 on foil and ten on really glossy thick paper which should turn out ok I think

• Like 2