The Corroboree
zed240

B Caapi plant wanted

I am on the lookout for a new caapi plant. I got one last year and it really took off and did well over spring, summer and most of autumn. But I think I left it outside for too long last winter and whilst I moved it somewhere warm it just kept looking worse and worse until I am pretty sure it's now dead. I still water it regularly in the hope it will come back to life, but even with all the heat and sun we've had over the last couple of months it's not yet shown signs of life.

The last plant I had was very thin, (main rooted part about the thickness of a pencil, at most). So I'm guessing that maybe the small diameter of the rooted part had something to do with it being super sensitive to the little bit of cold it was exposed to.

So basically, I'm looking for a thick section of vine, preferably already rooted, but I will give rooting it myself a go if need be. I don't mind which variety it is either, but really would like it to be thicker than the last one I got in the hope it can last a tiny bit longer with cold weather than the last one.

Cheers!

• Like 1

South Australia would probably be a tricky climate for her. What kind of environment will you be growing it in? Do you have a greenhouse for winter? Or a really sheltered spot in your garden?

My advice is to email SAB nursery or PM the nursery manager (I think it's interbeing these days?). They often have plants at different stages of development and I'm sure they could arrange something for you. Plus it's always good to support SAB whenever you can :)

I'm looking to sell one of my caapi plants, I've collected too many just to realize I can't look after them properly anymore.

I can sell you a caapi (red) which is rooted but still quite small. PM me if interested

I have many different caapi's for sale all diffrernt sizes