The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Zen Peddler

massive caffeine overdose - any advice?

Milk then water

• Like 1

No more Coffee! ;) And yeah, i would drink A LOT to get it out the system fast. If you feel like your chest explodes, call the emergency.

• Like 2

Drink some water. You need to rehydrate and let the caffeine work its way outta your system.

• Like 1

Water, cannabis (if you are somewhere it is legal) and licorice tea. Actually coconut water would be perfect if you can get it. :wink:

• Like 1

as a myki customer it's well within your democratic rights to yell,point and stare at it and then move to another seat ranting about nationalities and the gst and the state of affairs concerning conspiricies about malaysian airlines

• Like 6

Rehydrate sensibly, keep an eye on your blood pressure , I would be Curious to know what it is if you get a chance. & The half life of caffine is about 6 or 7 hours.

And you may be in for a shitty night sleep too so maybe start prepping for that.

• Like 1

Its really fucked up my guts. Feel crook as a dog in the guts and bp went up to 160/100 (not bad for a bloke that lives on 90/50 most of the time...

Kinda stupid really. Got zero sleep, got up early and drank about four coffee through the day then someone invited me out for another and as soon as I sipped it I felt cold and like my guts was going to explode. Then weak and spacy. Would not recommend!

Been there done . . . not that - got stop motion vision when I OD'd on caffeine.

Rehydrate with Gatorade, coconut water or other fluid with some electrolytes in it.

HTP-5 supplement, vit c may help.

Ginger beer (or anything else with REAL ginger in it) for the stomach upset.

Stomach upset may also be a result of the tannins in the coffee - milky drinks would help with this as it binds with the tannin, I suspect a lot of the irritation will be the caffeine concentration in the stomach so dilution is key.

Gentle to moderate exercise to help move it through your system may help, and will also help to burn off some of the jitters you get.

Licorice tea might be the go.

NO - Licorice is both a stimulant and also puts stress on your liver and raises blood pressure! DO NOT take Licorice tea!

• Like 3

Stop motion vision - I think I (now) know what you mean. It seems I'm weird - the step between confortable dopamine caffeine buzz and ugh is pretty close...

If you haven't eaten, eat something moderately fatty (healthy fats ideally; not Macca's!) with some protein in it.
Fresh fruit and veggies, yogurt.

Good point. Think ill have a hot bath.

Good idea, have lots of cool (but not freezing) liquid on hand to drink, watch your BP

Maybe you have a caffeine intolerance. It is uncommon but does happen. I know I have it. Anything more than one cup of black coffee and I feel like I did a couple of rails. So I rarely have a cup but when I do I enjoy the Hell out of it with a cig in the morning.

• Like 1

Its weird - normally it barely effects me but I usually only drink two coffees a day. Feeling better now I had a shower and lots of water.

realized I had not eaten or drank any water all day. Ugh...

• Like 1

Its weird - normally it barely effects me but I usually only drink two coffees a day. Feeling better now I had a shower and lots of water.

realized I had not eaten or drank any water all day. Ugh...

That's why you got the stomach load :wink:

• Like 1