The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
doxneed2c-me

Iguana Eating Pereskiopsis?...

Has anyone heard of reptiles having an affinity for these plants someone I spoke with said they had reptiles that just loved to munch on their Pereskiopsis.

• Like 1

YES!!!! Iguanas and the other veggie eating lizards love pereskiopsis leaves and will munch on them for sure!!! All my pereskiopsis that are outside have been munched on.

I'm somewhere in the Caribbean btw.

Edited by woof woof woof
  • Like 2

My iguana has eaten all of the leaves off of pereskiopsis that I've left in a place he could get to. He's occasionally bitten into other soft-bodied cacti too, but I don't think he enjoys the taste lol

For the most part though, he doesn't go for cacti, or agaves which I have a lot of

• Like 1

Lol,^ What an amazing pet!

How can an iguana eat peres leaves without getting glochids in his mouth but I always end up with glochids in my hands when repotting them while using tongs to grab the stems?! God dam miracles of nature haha

• Like 1

Bit random, but today, I went into the greenhouse and found a dead caterpillar hanging half out of a pereskiopsis!!! It was hanging out of the cut top lol

• Like 1

Maybe it munched it's way down in there and got stuck. Then just died in the pereskiopsis. Lol. Maybe you can still save the caterpillar by grafting an areole. ;)

• Like 2

lol. bit of protein for iguana in the mix.

• Like 1