The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
blog

Mushroom Inarticulation

eves, Is it still the elves? Well my elf finds that mushrooms even at small "fun" amounts is causing him to have real problems speaking. No confusion mentally, but putting thoughts into words, is just not happening.

First experienced this with a high dose, not able to talk or walk, and so did a friend taking the same amount. But since then, it's embarressing to be in social situations with even 2 dried grams of mushies, (my elf tells me}, due to the problem with speech. It's the last of the effects to wear off too. Is this a common side effect for others?

The species being Copelandia cyanescens

at psychedelic doses (which vary in weight, due to potentcy, storage, consumption, etc etc)- yes, i find it difficult to put the myriad ov shifting themes into words, & i have had trouble w/not being able to co-ordinate legs & hands- i've been informed the latter is due to cold- which makes sense.

My elves always fall over :rolleyes: , and can never get thet last dammn button up after a piss!

The cold theory reminds me of the old 'stick-man'-or-'Mantis form'(as my elvish friends call it) syndrome on MDMA :rolleyes:

speaking of inarticulation, I think i'm guilty of that ,with what I was trying to convey. The speaking problem is not due to a over loading of the senses or altered perception or anything, it just seems to be a side effect of the mushrooms. My elf had a mini-stroke once (no permanent damage that he's aware off) and the problem with speech seemed frighteningly the same. You can be calm, thoughts are oganised and mostly normal, someone may come up to you and start talking, and the inability to talk isn't recognised untill an attempt is made to actually speak, words just aren't formed. I have not done any tests, though I think elfy is going to, but I would hazzard a guess that even at doses where the effects are barely noticable the mute'ing power of the mushrooms will still be evident.

I"m wondering if this is unique to Copelandia cyanescens, as this problem has only been apparent with this species. Picture below of this species (I think renamed now) incase you've had these, but just didnt' know what they were called. Prob only found in Oz in Qld and Nsw.

EDIT: I think basically what i'm saying is, does anyone think this species may contain actives other than psilocybin and psilocin that could be responsible?

57.JPG

[ 07. August 2003, 13:35: Message edited by: blog ]

I know of someone who, in a place where legal, consumed P. cubensis and had the problem you described with speech. The thoughts and feelings were there, he said, but he couldn't put them into words.

certain beings in my area have experienced this with cubensis, to a lesser degree than you have described. Interesting that they were called the Mushrooms of Language by one of the American indian groups.

"Interesting that they were called the Mushrooms of Language by one of the American indian groups."

Were they? They must have meant the unspoken word.

That's a pretty much across the board mushroom thing - and if you would like to conduct an experiment and are glutonous enough to eat various types of mushrooms over a period of around 10 days excessively, you will find that it may linger for some time afterwards.

During the year of Cyan (2001), the problem was noted in three individuals after a heavy period of mushroom consumption, but it receded as time progressed.

Happenned to me at EB3 but only in the begginning as the peak is climbed.

I find this period is usually problematic if you push yourself. Once you peak and then on that lovely gradual decline its no problem

Besides there is NO WAY you could articulate what is occurring at that point at the speed of thought.

I wonder if its being dumbfounded because we lack the vocabulary to translate the mental picture into words. Far better perhaps for those gifted with the language of synaesthesia to create Art and music to convey the message.