Here's one

post-11432-0-70002900-1393473704_thumb.j

post-11432-0-70002900-1393473704_thumb.jpg

post-11432-0-70002900-1393473704_thumb.jpg

Edited by Spine Collector
  • Like 1

u can tell by the concrete ? are u indian :scratchhead:

• Like 1

It might be related to the Cuzcoensis group btw. Some traits look Peru, some Tricho though the spines aren't actually typical. Very nice Tricho!

Edited by Evil Genius

looks like Peruvianus Cv Jessica

if it is, she'll sprout pretty blue new growth :D

I actually think I recognize Jessicas concrete lol

Here's one

attachicon.gifDSC00008.JPG

Yup, you are absolutely right Spine Collector. It was bought from Jessica. Nice job man. I think you got the other cut from the same plant as mine if i remember correctly. ...like a year ago

Trichocereus Peruvianus

thanks, I knew it a peruvianus, but i suspect it's a mix with something else.........If i am correct

lol, Jessica. Who comes up with these names? :P Should have called it "Jessica Rabbit" at least. It might be related to the Cuzcoensis group btw. Some traits look Peru, some Tricho though the spines aren't actually typical. Very nice Tricho!

exactly what i thought. it has the weirdest curved down spines ever, plus it's black

thanks, I knew it a peruvianus, but i suspect it's a mix with something else.........If i am correct

It is impossible to determine this information via a picture, anything further than Peruvianus is an educated guess. In order to ID it any further you would need information about its origin.

Edited by Hellonasty
  • Like 2

the black spines is just oxidation as someone put it to me... they obviously don't start out black it just happens

on a few different plants I guess depending on what conditions they are in but i've seen black spines on a couple

plants at least... I had pics of the new spines on new growth but I can't recall right now if he's a blonde or a redhead

I remember they're really nice looking spines tho ...

I got the plant from a lady named Jessica whom with her b/f have a cactus removal service, and so from time to time I get some stuff from her eh

I know that plant is pretty old, many years perhaps been around before some of these forums started, she sold a bunch of

tall columns from that plant... I wonder how many names they have by now lolol

I have one labeled "Resslers Torch" which has a similar spine arrangement but has the extra upward pointing spine

to go with the downward spine... which I would think is a fairly common variation in several tricho species... looks

as blue as any peru in the new growth for sure B)

BTW its the same lady I obtained Pachanoi 'Jessica' From... the one I originally named "Heavy As Loving Fuck"

and then someone else came up with the name 'Jessica' which is the most appropriate...

so I just call this guy Peruvianus "Jessica" because the obvious eh... if she gets another Peruvianus

i'll call it Peruvianus cv Jessica Rabbit tho :P

u can tell by the concrete ? are u indian :scratchhead:

Quechuan - we didn't have indians here til columbo showed up eh

really im a mutt, you can call me a Sun Kid :innocent_n:

Indeed we crossbred quechuans have the ability to recognize concrete even from long distances

• Like 1