The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
fungi1963

Rebuilding slowly, any Stamets books?

After being wiped out by bushfire, I'm slowly, sometimes slower than I would prefer but still steadyily rebuilding. I have a replacement pressure cooker, 1000 plastic petris, a few bags of agar, some new temperature controllers, an old chest freezer converted to a heated incubator and about 10 cloned oyster mushrooms already growing by leaps and bounds inside.

I am sticking to the edibles for now as I can grow them out in low-sterility environments as I really need so much more gear before I can do proper agar work, and especially master storage slants for rebuilding the culture library. For now I'm using prepared cardboard as the cloning media and its working very well with the media hostile to most contaminants. Soon I hope to have spawn and prints to trade or give away to anyone wanting to give edibles a go or learn what I've been doing and join in better with everyone and goings on here.

Until that time, one thing I have always been looking to re-add to the gear collection is Stamets books. So if you have any TMC & GG&MM books laying around growing dust bunnies let me know.

I'll be needing to get back into building or buying a still air glove box and laminar flow hepa unit to get back into sterile technique. I'll leave the bacticinerator out this time and just look at finding a place to get an alcohol lamp/burner I think :)

Cheers,

Fungi1963

• Like 1

Thank you to Tripsis.

I now have a copy of TMC!

I am still looking for a copy of just Stamet's GG&MM book now.

• Like 2

I am still looking for a copynof Paul Stamets's book Growing Gormet and Medicinal Mushrooms.

or Peter Oei's Mushroom Cultivation book.

can also use booko.com.au to find out who has the cheapest option.

• Like 1

Great sites, I didn't know the books were still in print as they're getting to be over 20 years old since published.

I used to get from Amazon but they've become more difficult of late to deal with internationally. Plus they've hiked postage a lot since years ago when I first got books from them.

Edited by fungi1963