The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
migraineur

Anyone here grown iboga from cuttings?

Has anyone here grown iboga from cuttings?

If so then what method did you use and what tips do you have?

www.shaman-australis.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=18739

Edited by mr b.caapi
  • Like 2

I can't be bothered with it...even here in the subtropics it struggles and dies off in winter. Some people's plants come back in Spring, but mine didn't.

This plant needs either a greenhouse with lots of attention or an environment that's as ungodly hot and humid as its native habitat. As much as I'd love to grow it, I leave that to the FNQ folk.

I can't be bothered with it...even here in the subtropics it struggles and dies off in winter. Some people's plants come back in Spring, but mine didn't.

This plant needs either a greenhouse with lots of attention or an environment that's as ungodly hot and humid as its native habitat. As much as I'd love to grow it, I leave that to the FNQ folk.

Mine does quite well as a house plant in a low humidity environment. I imagine it would struggle in Winter here if I put it outside. Since it has nice shiny leaves then it makes an attractive house plant too.

Yeh , mine is doing quite well although it is in a greenhouse.

The only plant I have that struggles without humidity is p. viridis. Everything else I've had no problems hardening off.

It's not the humidity so much with iboga - it's the heat really. Mine was fine outside humidity-wise (rarely gets below 50% here anyway) but cold weather disagrees with it. Indoors it wouldn't be so bad, or in a greenhouse. But I generally can't be assed babying things and I prefer to grow my plants outside in the garden generally. You could say I'm a climate purist :lol:

they can survive even mild short ground frosts (but protected from shade cloth), as long as the plants are super healthy.

Larger Iboga survive outside through Winter without any protection in the coastal parts of the Mid North Coast. They even produce viable fruit. When the weather cools they shed their leaves but these return quickly with warmer weather. Smaller plants need protection, warmth and shelter through Winter.