The Corroboree
Halcyon Daze

Road Trip

So I'm planning a trip from QLD to Melbourne early in the new year to see my sweet beautiful angel and also visit some Cacti & Succulent farms while I'm at it.

It's a hell of a drive but I plan to kill two birds with one stone so-to-speak.

I'll be on an unstoppable one-way mission on my way down there, but on my way back I have a few places I want to visit. So far I have three in mind. Dawson's, Fields', and Cactus-Country in Strathmerton.

Any other recommended cacti gardens in country Victoria or NSW?

It's my first opportunity to ever see these stunning cacti gardens, I'm super excited and I'll be taking plenty of photos along the way.

Can't wait! :) :) :)

• Like 4

Might as well check out Lester Meyers' "Orana Cactus World" in Gilgandra while you're about it, but it doesn't compare to the others (haven't been to Dawson's yet). Still worth checking out.

Should be a good trip. :)

• Like 1

Cheers Tripsis, I'll be travelling through Gilgandra too. Thanks for the heads up :)

I ordered a nice thelogonus from Lester once.

Yeah Dawson's is in Bendigo but it might go by another name now.

Nice one Halcyon, I've been wanting to get down there too but I think I'm going to wait for Melbournes next cactus show :)

There are a few small private ones in the surrounding areas of bendigo as well , not any where as big as Dawson's though, I recently posted pictures in the members gallery of a small one I came across whilst driving through lancoorie , bout 40 minuet drive from beni , nice swimming spot after a stinking hot drive as well.

• Like 1

which ones dawsons? There is a house in Bendigo with a awesome garden. Massive saguaros and bridges and pach's. Might be the same place. I think most of his stuff is fields

Orana cactus nursery was awesome went there last weekend, I pretty much bought out his ariocarpus that he had for sale, dirt cheap super healthy. Then spent an hour discussing ISIS and Palestine lol he's a cool guy Lester, just don't go in raving about lophs that's his pet peeve.

• Like 1