The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
teamwhy

Earthship

I was lucky to go see a earth-ship build today. It taken about 20 people 2 weeks to get it to this. i will post more pictures later

post-13531-0-46291900-1384386155_thumb.j

post-13531-0-58134400-1384386165_thumb.j

post-13531-0-46291900-1384386155_thumb.jpg

post-13531-0-58134400-1384386165_thumb.jpg

post-13531-0-46291900-1384386155_thumb.jpg

post-13531-0-58134400-1384386165_thumb.jpg

• Like 6

Is that going to be one room in a larger building ?

I've never seen them built like that, I haven't looked into Earth ships for years. They seemed to have evolved a bit, when I looked at them before they were based on tires and rammed earth ect. for a rear wall.

That seems to be fairly labour intensive, 20 people working for 2 weeks don't seem to have achieved a lot.

It's just one room. It does have tires and rammed earth in the base also cans and bottles.

Heaps of new material go into them, from black plastic, pvc pipes heaps of gravel and cement

yeah and when i say 20 people that's how many are doing the workshop and when i was there only about 5 were working all the others just hanging out chatting and stuff.

it has heaps of cement all mixed in a little mixer. so heaps labour intensive

even know people are paying to do the workshop I think it still costs a bit.

Like Sally....I've never seen one like this....................usually more tires and rammed earth...................nice size....................just big enough for 2...can always add on if need.....................being small and cheap they probably dodged the council......................is it well lined from the earth?..............ie is there a moisture barrier to prevent damp.........................I once built a adobe base for a tipi..............but moisture penetrated the low walls ...base ~1m high......stone and mud wall....................I lived in it for 3 months up in a coastal valley surrounded by the forest......................but it was winter and my low walls grew white and fluffy..................and mold's spores is so toxic........................I had to leave..................