The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Thelema

NO2 but not ch3ch2ch3?

Guest Thelema

now that someone has raised the discussion of no2 consumption on a forum here..I might as well ask the question as to why my discussions about the use of butane were slammed/vilified in the magic section. Both gases have their psycho origins in sir humphrey davies, who inhaled a whole series of gases in ~1890, and discovered the proerties of both. One might answer that butane inhalation is really more dangerous than no2 inhalation, but if you look closely that's a very contentious issue. In fact, while both starve the brain of o2, no2 has more potential for brain damage due to its erosive reactions on the lipid structure of the neural walls. I dont care what people allow on forums, but at least be consistent!

NO2 is nitric oxide, you'd be coughing up blood if you did manage such an effort as breathing the concentrated gas. But ofcourse you meant N2O.

I'd be interested to hear why butane is considered such a health hazzard. If you breathe in either pure nitrous or butane you'll kill just as many brain cells due to inoxia. Is butane a carcinogen like benzene?

reguardless of how good butane is subjectively {really good} or how toxic it is or isn't 398 people DIED this way between

98 and 2000 in the uk alone, probably from form rather than function but that's beside the point, it is probably irresponsible to

advocate something kills so much reguardless

of how it does it.....

Originally posted by blog:

NO2 is nitric oxide, you'd be coughing up blood if you did manage such an effort as breathing the concentrated gas. But ofcourse you meant N2O.

I think she meant CH3CH2CH2CH3 as well!

Double trouble!

Originally posted by Thelema:

now that someone has raised the discussion of no2 consumption on a forum here..I might as well ask the question as to why my discussions about the use of butane were slammed/vilified in the magic section.

My apologies, I obviously didn't explain myself clearly enough. There is a legal and ethical difference between saying "I experienced X while subject to Y" and "If you do Y you will get result X". The difference mainly being that if you promise a result from an activity and somebody gets (and I quote) "severely fuck(ed) up" doing it, you become liable for that damage. In this circumstance it might just fall to the law (driven by media) to shut this site down and reclassify a whole bunch of the helpers so freely discussed at this time. If you re-read the post I think you'll find that I didn't slam or vilify you. I am just reminding you that butane abuse is one of the more dangerous perception-altering practices and that not everyone who reads these forums has the maturity or experience to make the right call on this one.

-W.

Shit, and I thought it was just plain dumb smile.gif

[This message has been edited by Al (edited 05 March 2002).]

well just on a personal level, i find too much butane affects me in a negative way whereas too much nitrous is a very good thing.

Guest Thelema

Ah yes, I feeldumb..of course I mean N2O and CH3CH2CH2CH3!Someone who's done neurochemistry should expect to know his highschool gases better! Does pressing time excuse me?

Originally posted by Wazron:

if you promise a result from an activity and somebody gets (and I quote) "severely fuck(ed) up" doing it, you become liable for that damage.

Now surely if i warn you about the effects of something, surely that makes me LESS liable for the damage incurred, as it can be shown that the party had specific knowledge that a danger was being performed by them!

If that weren't the case, then the disclaimer at the start of this website would be useless, would it not?

In fact, I find it a little ironic that I should be corrected for such unethical behaviour on a website that obviously supplies dangerous and deadly substances for human consumption. Sure, there's a disclaimer, but it wouldn't stand in a court of law. There is strong implicational evidence overriding the disclaimer, to the effect that the website is for "shamans"!

Please note that personally I couldn't care less about the ethics involved here...consider this conversation to be unprofessional legal advice.

Okay, so concentrating & inhaling (most) gasses other than 0xygen will produce an almost immediate effect from lack of oxygenated blood in the brain, right?

My firt powerful psychoactive experience was from hyperventilating redface.gif

If N20 is to be mixed with a high(er) ratio air or oxygen then it will produce a less pronounced an immediate effect, but none the less a "psychoactive" effect?

So is the same true for butane?

&....Is it true then that medical grade N20 mixed with air will not kill brain cells, whereas inhaling large volumes of N20 (- Oxygen) will kill brain cells.

-----------------------------------

I'm going down...to...La La Land...

somethin bout those little pills, unreal the thrills they yeild until they kill a million brain cells.....

I'm going down...to...La La Land...

-----------------------------------

[This message has been edited by Adrian (edited 06 March 2002).]

Guest 333

Hmm...so what you telling is that if i pumped in 6 boxes of ISI-tm N20,- thats a bad thing...well the Hyper dimensional-tm people were still happy to talk to me, even a chick spirit from a past life, it even show'd me a couple of seens from that life when i helped her, i guess because i asked her why are she helping me since its a big game/comp, execept for that God like spirit above the clouds, he wasn't impressed when i asked him for money...

Guest reville

I would like to withdraw my coments on butane.I realise that my prejudice towards this drug come from what ive seen it do when abused not when used.

My prejudice is the same as someone who sees and alcoholic or someone with emphysema and then hates cigarettes and alcohol.

Im sure theres nothing inherently bad about any of these substances and i know i enjoy the latter two in moderation.

So ill just sit back and listen cos in this instance i know very little about its use and benefits

The use of butane should not be vilified by magicians, it is now thought that the inspiration of the Oracles at Delphi was ethane gas from the fault in the sanctuary. The effects will be similar. Though Oracles too often died, a price they paid for the gift of prophecy.

And smoking tobacco is an offering of the life-force of the smoker to the manitou (the little people of North America) who feed on the smoke.

It is difficult to absorb enough N2O to cause brain damage without resorting to pressures much higher than atmospheric for many hours or days. The brain damage it causes with these extreme measures is the same as with ketamine or DXM, as N2O has the same receptor effects, though at a different timescale. Curiously the reason for the effects of N2O were not known until a couple of years ago.

Without oxygen N2O causes brain damage by asphyxiation and death. Claro.

Ok... now I am curious...

How would one go about inhaling butane?

what I mean is... how would you get it from being in the can, to being in a state you could inhale it from??

(or would you just stick your nose over the top of a honey oil tube wink.gif

Originally posted by Thelema:

Someone who's done neurochemistry should expect to know his highschool gases better! Does pressing time excuse me?

[/quote

his! there it are. another one for the gender list.

Originally posted by Adrian:

&....Is it true then that medical grade N20 mixed with air will not kill brain cells, whereas inhaling large volumes of N20 (- Oxygen) will kill brain cells.[/b]

Yes this is true, and I've seen it for myself. A friend sucked down a huge amount of nitrous bulbs, sometimes 3 packs a night (30 bulbs) and he sucked the pure nitrous, didn't mix with air because of that added high.

Well today he's retarded. Has a memory like a goldfish, is incapable of learning anything new, has trouble with spacial abilities, balance and walking, and Is not able to comprehend even slightly complex conversation. He has isolated himself from the world (including me) and is now on a disability support pension.

He was under the misguided belief that if your brain is not getting enough oxygen then you will fall unconscious before any brain damage occurs. As this had never occured then he can't be doing any damage(he though). But it's the CO2 that tells the brain it's not getting the oxygen content it needs and will send a person into unconsciousness if required.

His mindset was that if it's used in medical proceedures how can it be dangerous, but ofcourse it's a regulated percentage of oxygen and nitrous, not nitrous alone.

So anyway, this guy has fucked his life over something seemingly safe. If people do bulbs or medical grade nitrous make sure you suck in mabe 80% air and 20% nitrous or you too could end up a sad retarded fuck.

Guest Thelema

Hey, Butane and N2o are the best gases available for consumption. And to prove it, why did I just see today a can of propane/butane spiced with mustard gas for "deterrent" reasons? It's true! Go into any ToysRUs store!

By the way, I can easily get N2o, but can anyone advise me of where to get a tool that administers it?

Butane is more seretonergic than N20. It is not merely halluginogenic. It puts you in touch with your proto-self, whether you like it or not.