The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
gtarman

wanted: ephedra seeds

Hey all.

So I'm wanting to have a crack at growing ephedra. With my hayfever and general rhinitis I end up paying a shit-tonne for antihistamines and pseudo-eph to keep myself functional and productive, and I figure if I can do away with at least the latter in favour of some home-grown tea, then I'll be much better off.

If anyone can help me out, I have a few cool seeds to trade (mostly edibles), or can pay too, either/or :)

Cheers!

PS. if anybody knows of a plant-based antihistamine that isn't toxic let me know haha

Im pretty sure i have some floating about.. Dunno about the viability, but Pm yr address anyways and give them a go :)

Reishi: Ganoderma lucidum is something im looking into at the moment...

• Like 1

^^ cool, I'll have a look. I managed to find a plant I think that seemed to have good antihistamine action, but the catch was that it was also toxic to the point where you needed a proper lab to make it safe/useful. Not really my bag...I prefer the natural herbs and all, probably my inner hippie :]

• Like 1

Im pretty sure i have some floating about.. Dunno about the viability, but Pm yr address anyways and give them a go :)

Cheers Bog..but from what I hear getting them across ditches is a spotty affair. But if nobody in Oz comes through I'll give you a bell :)

I have some Ephedra, scrubby how do you want the Reishi?? To grow or dried fruit bodies?

Gtarman,

Cosmos lol:

post-8023-0-09108100-1377215165_thumb.jp

No sweat.

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 1

I give that mixture I listed on 'potent sedative herbs' to my friends that have asthma/allergies/swelling in their feet. It works excellent. But Cordyceps will work better than Ganoderma for all this, also don't underestimate Shou Wu (Fallopia multiflora). :)

I think Paul Stamets capsules would do good also, Agarikon, Chaga, Maitake etc have amazing properties also. Artists conk (Ganoderma applanatum ) grows everywhere in Australia and is easy to source if you want to save cash. Also Fomitopsis pinicola is easy to pick from the wild and cultivate. Options are endless.

I don't bother with growing Ephedra myself so you can have my seeds if you want, I just use Sida cordifolia.

Edited by Leaves
  • Like 2

Anti-inflammatory herbs I use are Devil's Claw (Harpagophytum), Cat's claw (Uncaria tomentosa), Corydalis turtschaninovii, Nettle (Urtica dioica).

• Like 1

You will have to wait 3 years before you will be able to harvest and even then you will need quite a few plants. First you need to pick a variety that has more pseudo then ephedrine content for your specific use, maybe sinica or nevadensis would be the easiest to source in Australia, a lot of the rest a black listed. if you get desperate i can sell you some 1 year old nevedensis's plants.

• Like 2

nuthing will beat 60mgs of demazin 12 hour relief LOL :devil:

• Like 2

^^ I use a generic version of that/codral atm...works a treat, but pricey as pie.

^^ I use a generic version of that/codral atm...works a treat, but pricey as pie.

i get a script from the doc 4 my sinus 5 bucks a pack

• Like 1

Gman I completely forgot about the very safe Turmeric for inflammation. Cheap, effective & safe.

• Like 1

Hi all in looking for some or these seeds if any one can help me out that would be good

pm me please