The Corroboree
naja naja

help, i ruined minecraft for my kid

he hassled for skins and thiungs i do not know about. i attemtped to upload them and i think i ruined it. it says it cannot find opengl driver and i need to update my video driver, i updated everything i could to do with video drivers and it still won't work. can any1 help me fix this easy?

peace

N

I have heard about this issue with minecraft. Definately is a driver issue. Perhaps close ALL programs, reinstall the updated driver and then reset the computer. There is a minecraft forum I am pretty sure which may have the answer. If all else fails you could do a system restore back to when it was working. At least you could do that with windows last time I used it.

Edit: It's a computer. Nothing is easy.

Edited by PerthShaman

For your kid ? Sure it is mate... surrrrrre it is.. :wink:

• Like 5

nah, seriously. I am truely horrifyied adults play and get so obsessed with this game. I understand my 7yo, and even that horrifies me, but hey he's 7. I personally don't have enough time in each day for this world, so am not going to waste my time off in some fantasy land.

P.S. Sry in advance to all the minecrafts heads out there, I don't mean to offend.

Peace

N

Ahem. I play it....... but no offence taken.... :rolleyes:

Generally foolproof reset for when you accidentally break minecraft:

- Open windows explorer (Windows key + E)

- In the navigation bar at the top, type %appdata% and press enter. This is a shortcut that will take you to your computer's application data folder (on windows 7 it should take you to C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming but this might be different on other versions)

- Open the folder ".minecraft".

- Open the folder "bin".

- Delete everything in this folder.

- Run minecraft. It will redownload the files and probably fix whatever you broke.

If this doesn't work you'll have to go into some more detail about what you actually did. Post the exact error message, also.

• Like 1

Thanks heaps for that, it downloaded and everything, but afterwards gave the same error message. This is the error message:

Bad video card drivers!
-----------------------

Minecraft was unable to start because it failed to find an accelerated OpenGL mode.
This can usually be fixed by updating the video card drivers.

--- BEGIN ERROR REPORT 7fe0271 --------
Generated 16/06/13 6:35 PM

-- System Details --
Details:
Minecraft Version: 1.5.2
Operating System: Windows XP (x86) version 5.1
Java Version: 1.6.0_11, Sun Microsystems Inc.
Java VM Version: Java HotSpot Client VM (mixed mode), Sun Microsystems Inc.
Memory: 506302080 bytes (482 MB) / 532742144 bytes (508 MB) up to 1065484288 bytes (1016 MB)
JVM Flags: 2 total; -Xms512m -Xmx1024m
AABB Pool Size: 0 (0 bytes; 0 MB) allocated, 0 (0 bytes; 0 MB) used
Suspicious classes: No suspicious classes found.
IntCache: cache: 0, tcache: 0, allocated: 0, tallocated: 0
LWJGL: 2.4.2
OpenGL: ~~ERROR~~ NullPointerException: null
Is Modded: Probably not. Jar signature remains and client brand is untouched.
Type: Client (map_client.txt)
Texture Pack: Default
Profiler Position: N/A (disabled)
Vec3 Pool Size: ~~ERROR~~ NullPointerException: null[failed to get system properties (java.lang.NullPointerException)]

org.lwjgl.LWJGLException: Pixel format not accelerated
at org.lwjgl.opengl.WindowsPeerInfo.nChoosePixelFormat(Native Method)
at org.lwjgl.opengl.WindowsPeerInfo.choosePixelFormat(WindowsPeerInfo.java:52)
at org.lwjgl.opengl.WindowsDisplay.createWindow(WindowsDisplay.java:185)
at org.lwjgl.opengl.Display.createWindow(Display.java:311)
at org.lwjgl.opengl.Display.create(Display.java:856)
at org.lwjgl.opengl.Display.create(Display.java:784)
at org.lwjgl.opengl.Display.create(Display.java:765)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.a(SourceFile:235)
at avv.a(SourceFile:56)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.run(SourceFile:507)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
--- END ERROR REPORT b5d958fc ----------

Perhaps the Japanese board game "GO" may be a much better option for a growing mind. :devil:

• Like 1

get ccleaner uninstall everything associated with the graphics card driver even in the registry reset pc check again for anything else then re install the driver

Perhaps the Japanese board game "GO" may be a much better option for a growing mind. :devil:

Only until the "Growing mind" is old enough to understand that liberties have a somewhat plastic interpretation when their opponet has had more than 5 or 6 drinks, especially when the game flows quickly and a distractive device is employed to break the focus.

• Like 1

Try these:

This may simply be lack of available RAM. Try this:

- Open notepad to create a new text file.

- In the textfile, you should write the following line:

java -Xmx1024M -Xms1024M -jar "Minecraft.exe"
- Save this as anything you like, but the file name must end in ".bat" instead of ".txt". For example you might save it as "minecraft_1gb_memory.bat". You're going to move this file so you can just save it on your desktop or something for now.

- Go to the same folder where you downloaded and execute minecraft.exe (the launcher, not the jar file!). You might be able to do this by right clicking on the minecraft shortcut on the desktop and choosing "open file location", or by looking at the shortcut's properties to find where the file is located.

- Move the .bat file you created in to this folder.

- Try running the .bat file. Hopefully it will run minecraft and fix your problem. If this is the case you can right click > send to desktop on the .bat file, and use the shortcut that creates to run minecraft.

If it gives you a new error, post it here. But if you're still getting the same error as before, consider the following:

Are you sure you've updated to the latest drivers for your video card? Do you know how to do this?

Please post a dxdiag report.

Edited by Scarecrow

hey guys, thanks for all the advice, i eventually figured it out via a youtube video some kid posted online. just had to turn the graphics level down. worked sweet now.