The Corroboree
fydesvindico

Bongs in VIC

Hi all,

I know this question has come up quite a bit here, but I was just wondering what the legal status of owning a bong in VIC is? As in now; 2013.

I know that they are sold in a few places as water/oil pourers, but these are cheap and not worth my money.

Preferably I would like to purchase one online from bnt or similar, but I would like to know the legality of it all before purchasing anything online.. (Or at all if they're illegal, of-course)

I know I should probably UTFSE, but these things change so often its hard to know what info is up to date or not... I was just wondering if anyone on here could give me a quick up to date answer.

Cheers!

Fydes.

I dunno about the legal status, but if you have the patience you can just make your own. I know plastic bottles are sub-par and deteriorate over time, but if you keep replacing them they aren't so bad.

You can also make significant design improvements. Best/smoothest bong I ever owned was a home-made percolating tower bong with an ice chamber

But yeah plastic bottles get real dank if you use them for too long (...and possibly carcinogenic >____>)

Based on this credible website, Victoria amended its drug laws in 2011. Since then it has been illegal to sell and display bongs, but no mention of possession has been made.

Here's a quote from this document.
"All of the states in Australia prohibit, in various ways, water pipes and ice pipes used for the consumption of prohibited drugs: with the exception of Victoria which currently only prohibits ice pipes. Some restrictions are imposed on the sale and display of hookahs and similar devices, but the majority of states make a distinction between these devices and bongs."

I think in vic possession of bongs is legal or at least entirely tolerated. sales have been prohibited, but the courtcases arising from the new laws seem to be failing.

Thanks guys, I thought that was the case.

Cheers for the links pinion, I'll take a look.

I have noticed here in QLD they dont sell bongs anymore. But alot of tobacconists and stuff sell some pretty suss looking 'water pourers' which makes me laugh when i see them

coolname, bong laws are state based. Penalties in Qld are quite severe for manufacturing or selling bongs.

Bongs are cool in VIC, from my personal experience... just don't have any chopped parsley beside them as this would raise some suspicion as to what you are using it for.