The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
tizocAu

flowering pachanoi? ???

20130420_092755-1-1.jpg

Or just my imagination. Thease are brown hairs growing on this areole and this areole only.

Is it wanting to start flowering or what it is?

Im just waiting for the day mine flower. Please take more piccys for us if it does flower.

you should know within a month or two if the brown hair grows more

Thanks I figured if it grows more it may be. I hope it is as other cacti in my area are doing just that. But ive also herd that most pach flower around the same time.

ive also herd that most pach flower around the same time.

Maybe the person that said that only experiences his pach flowering around the same time.

Mine flower 3-4-5+ times a year. I had flowers on several plants smack dab in the middle of the winter when night time temps were close or below freezing.

The first flower thing your tricho plant will produce is a 'fuzzball'. The fuzzball can hang around for 1-2-3 years before deciding to turn into a flower bud. When you see new green growth on your fuzzballs, then & only then will you 'might' get a flower.

Wow. Sounds like I'm gonna have a hell of a time. Hopefully the fuzz ball don't decide to chill and actually takes off. Maybe a bit of potassium and phosfates might help kick it off. Seaweed or something. Well she looks mature and producing pups I guess ima just hope.