The Corroboree
space cadet swami

Nth Qld meet...looking for numbers & possible venue.

Hi guys & gals,

As the title states...looking for numbers for a possible NQ meet. Ok, need to know who's interested & what city/town everyone is in, so we can pick a convenient city/town for those numbers. Townsville would more then likely be the most suitable venue because of its centrality, but it all depends on where the majority would be coming from.

If the next person could copy & paste & add an approximate address (city or town), then we can organise it from there. But as I said above, it would more then likely be Townsville. If u feel suss about putting ur name & approximate city/town, then feel free to PM me & I'll edit & extend the list omitting ur details.

Come on u Northerners let's make it happen, we can't let all the Southerners be the only ones to have some fun .. :wink:

So, I'll get it started...

... space cadet :bootyshake:

Brisbane ...ThunderIdeal

Cairns ...bromo-fantasy + 1 (tentative no name)

South of Townsville ...endorfinder, quarterflesh

Brownsville ...poisonshroom

Edited by space cadet swami
  • Like 2

in. and i mean that. if it's during weekends or public holidays.

the beast it cometh, cometh, down.

brisbane.

Edited by ThunderIdeal
  • Like 1

im in for sure!!! Would be great to meet some like minded people and get our plant on !!!!

Bromo - Cairns

Edited by bromo-fantasy
  • Like 2

Well you know I'm in because you bloody well stole my idea! :) Of course you did actually take the action ;)

Again I'm in for sure, am south of Townsville, and suggest magnetic island. Family have a place over there that can serve as ground zero walking distance to backpacker and camping accommodation. The island is big enough to be convenient but to overtly touristy still. Can sleep 3-5 myself.

Any other thoughts on location?

So tell me when you guys think? My schedule is fairly open. Def pick a long weekend tho.

Planthelper and poisonshroom I'm looking at you guys too! :P

• Like 1

Fuck when the iPad strips my line breaks I write like bullit!!,

• Like 1

• lol X10

Sorry im not one of you lot. But damn that made me giggle.

Edited by eatfoo
  • Like 1

South of Townsville

• Like 1

• lol X10

Sorry im not one of you lot. But damn that made me giggle.

dont get too cheeky cunts :crux:

• Like 2

Come along bullit, free amenities included! (By this i mean after all those nightshades of yours, I can hose you off out back and pour complimentary coffee down your throat, if spacey will hold you down.)

• Like 2

I can definately hold him down...but I can't promise that it would stop there .. :drool2:

• Like 2

I was thinking possibly the May day long weekend & then I checked to get a date & it turns out the QLD govt has moved that holiday to October...WTF :scratchhead:

So the next long weekend after that will be the Queens birthday weekend, which starts on;

Sat 8th June - Mon 10th June...that being the date 7weeks from now.

I'm happy to go with endo's thinking of Maggie Island....thoughts..?

EDIT: & the 9th will be a New Moon...pitch black.

Townsville long term avg temps for June - Max 25.6...Min 14.6 :)

http://www.weatherzone.com.au/climate/station.jsp?lt=site&lc=32040

better still http://www.bom.gov.au/climate/dwo/201206/html/IDCJDW4128.201206.shtml

Edited by space cadet 101
  • Like 2

Yeah it's a pretty damn good spot eh. Timing should be good. Lots of secluded private beaches and camp spots if we choose that path. If you google plants of magnetic island there's also a great hunting list!

For the new moon there might be a dance party on... Will have to check.

Oh that weather data is sweet. I love growing tropicals here!

oh yea - look out for betsy jakes book "plants of magnetic island" I think it's a free PDF you can get off the JCU website. She is amazing! And I have to agree - maggie is a good spot to get up to no good ;) I find growing tropicals and most other things a pain here - the climate is too variable. It gets too cold for some things, too dry or too wet for others and too hot for cool climate plants.

Ok, another possible date would be 4 weeks from now on the weekend of May 25th (full moon)...there would be less traffic & presence for the return trips home.

Hey boys, I've been offered to come up and join yas and the offer is almost too good :) so thx guys.

The w.e of the June long w.e is my grandfathers 90th bday so I'm out for that day. If it can be after this then I would almost certainly be in, as its enough time to work out my w.e off from work and tag on a few days in leui...

Anyways we'll work it out before the years out regardless (Y)

D00d

Hey boys, I've been offered to come up and join yas and the offer is almost too good :) so thx guys.

The w.e of the June long w.e is my grandfathers 90th bday so I'm out for that day. If it can be after this then I would almost certainly be in, as its enough time to work out my w.e off from work and tag on a few days in leui...

Anyways we'll work it out before the years out regardless (Y)

D00d

Maybe we could have the inaugural meet on the May 25 weekend & if it's a success, then we could make it a quarterly affair. This being the case, the following meet would be late August which would be a better date for d00d...thoughts please :scratchhead: .

If we don't get a bit of feedback going, the idea & this thread, are just going to fizzle...come on people.

I think those dates can be arranged on my end. So it sounds like people are cool with the options available on maggie island and the centrality of the venue?

We're talking about a month away here, guys, spacey's right we need to get our shit together. @ThunderIdeal, can you get tickets together at an affordable price by then? Or do you have a vehicle for the 13hr drive? Remember we'll be doing a plant swap and some srs bzns here, it's not all beer and smokes ;P

In fact anyone booking plane tickets, sooner rather than later. Since many of the "locals" are real life friends new and old, if finances are an issue just drop me a PM and we'll see what can be worked out.

We're going to need to know some definite numbers soon, so we can account for that many plus an extra or two in case we have last minute call ins.

This doesn't mean we shouldn't take advantage of the long weekend too though! :D With the numbers we have, even if it's a floating figure I'd be happy to help operate a swap/social on a monthly basis.

Members in the country might be a bit farther flung, but that only seems to make us all the more enthusiastic about meeting like minded folk :) -ef

• Like 1

I'm in Townsville and would be pretty keen also, depending on work/uni and such... I work every weekend, but if something is close enough by I'd be happy to pop around at least!
Though I'm thinking of heading slightly south on the weekend of the 25/26th May to a festival near Airlie - http://www.facebook.com/events/456353634399854/?ref=14 - so that date's possibly out for me.

It might be a bit further north than most, but is anyone thinking of heading up to Bushweek near Cooktown in June?

• Like 1

Oh and full moon means MUCH more traffic in magnetic island, especially where i'm thinking of locating, since it's where they host monthly full moon dance party things. So traffic in general won't be that bad but the island will be packed. Best to shop for food on the mainland for example.

• Like 1

I would need to catch a lift, and I am willing to share petrol costs, I would need to be picked up from close to Rockhampton. so anybody coming from down south, we could share driving and fuel. traveling by puplic transport, is less appealing to me but doable...

I would need to catch a lift, and I am willing to share petrol costs, I would need to be picked up from close to Rockhampton. so anybody coming from down south, we could share driving and fuel. traveling by puplic transport, is less appealing to me but doable...

Once we have a definate date u may want to contact "thunder", as he would be coming from just south of u PH. Whether he's planning to drive or fly I don't know.

I'm heading to bush week this year ... But those may dates are good for me