The Corroboree
Change

Mardi Grass 2013

Hands up if your going to Mardi Grass this year ?

post-6523-0-38347500-1365727144_thumb.jp

post-6523-0-38347500-1365727144_thumb.jpg

post-6523-0-38347500-1365727144_thumb.jpg

Plans fell through, I'm going next year.

Just realised it's Wilfred and what appears to be Fat Freddy's Cat sitting in the kombi! :lol:

I would be keen to have a look, it be a few years since I've been down there. If anyone want a lift from the goldy I will have a few spare seats so let me know :wink:.

Cheers

jox

We will be headed down for the weekend :innocent_n:

Hi All,

Am definitely not going. The whole thing strikes me as counter-productive to the goals of legalisation via public awareness.

Had a close look at the preparations over a year ago, and know of other approaches that would be much more effective.

e.g. If something hasn't worked for the last 20-30 (?) years, then more of the same won't make any difference. Also, the declining media interest also seems to trigger a more confrontational and hostile "attention getting" attitude -- definitely something that will only bring NEGATIVE general public awareness.

Doing something that makes the True Believers feel good has some merit, but not at the expense of marshalling resources toward the most effective law reform activities.

Cheers,

Carl

Melbourne

Bump

I'm heading down on Saturday morning. There must be a few more ppl from here heading there, hopefully I'll see a few of you there.

I cant stand how heavy the police presence is at MG these days and it kills it for me, it makes uncomfortable due to negative police experinces. plus, I make my protest in other ways through out the year so dont dont feel to bad.

To be safe you really need to get down there a couple of days before and leave a couple of days afterward or you risk a drug testing and car search.

If you're camping make sure you stash your shit well away from your site/car when you're there, up a tree or in some lantanna or something.

So many cops are lying, manipulative bastards and they simply cant be trusted especialy at an event like MG.

Edited by AndyAmine.

No better feeling then waking up in this magical town...

If u see a big red mop of hair shout Dreamtimebliss, im friendly and ill be camping at the rainbow retreat

Time to go get harrassed from drug dealers of all shape n colour :) Yay

• Like 1