The Corroboree
THCixx420

Lophophora seed auctions - Done and dusted.

****EDIT 10/03/13

I need to go help build a shed on the farm this week so I will be away for most of it. I'll do the next auction as 10 from each of the 12 localities in the picture plus 10 alberto-vojtechii as well and then be done with it. Sorry all but life happens. I can have the packs posted tomorrow or tuesday morning.

endorfinder + quantum_reality + space cadet 101 can take their pick

Hi all,

While I'm still getting my shit together with the price list and pictures I thought I would count out a few different locality seeds (600).

I will auction off 1 pack of 50 seeds at a time from the 12 localities below.

post-12252-0-99536200-1362708539_thumb.j

Only 12 because thats all I could be arsed counting out.

Depending on the interest I will look to run an auction every 24hrs for the next 12 days. Don't hold me to it. I will most likely dissapear for a day or two here and there in that time.

Postage will be included in the auction price.

Payment to be made by PayPal gift (you pay fees) or bank deposit. No trades on these ones.

Each auction will end at 8pm Vic/NSW time.

I will upload a picture of the mother plant to signal the start of each Auction and state the end time in the post with the picture.

I will edit this post with the winner of each auctions username. If the winner doesn't cough up payment within 3 days I will put a strike in their name and auction that pack again.

Play nice and happy bidding!

post-12252-0-99536200-1362708539_thumb.jpg

post-12252-0-99536200-1362708539_thumb.jpg

Edited by THCixx420
  • Like 1

post-12252-0-90352000-1362713406_thumb.j

williamsii Arteaga. 50 seeds.

Ends 8pm Saturday ninth March 2013

Starting bid $12

Field number: CH 211
Collector: Jaromír Chvastek
Species: Lophophora williamsii
Locality: Arteaga, Coahuila, Mexico
Altitude:
Date: 1992/3/21-/4/27
Notes:

post-12252-0-90352000-1362713406_thumb.jpg

post-12252-0-90352000-1362713406_thumb.jpg

Edited by THCixx420

edit: bid $15.

Edited by endorfinder

1 locality at a time. These are all different williamsii locality types.

48 minutes left by my clock.

Sneako'd!

Nice one quantum_reality. I'll PM you soon.

post-12252-0-29642500-1362820397_thumb.j

williamsii Villa Arista

Ends sunday 8pm

post-12252-0-29642500-1362820397_thumb.jpg

post-12252-0-29642500-1362820397_thumb.jpg

I need to cange the rules a bit so I can just get rid of these. I've got to go stay out on the farm this week and build a shed now.

How does a couple of Auctions with 10 from each locality or something sound?

The 3 members above who bid can choose a selection of 50 of whatever they like if they want.

• Like 2

Last auction - see first post.

130 seeds.

10 of each locality + 10 alberto-vojtechii

ends tomorrow 8pm vic/nsw time.

$40.01

The information posted at this link is disingenuous at its best in defining actual species of lophophora, as all it does is state who found which species and at what location.

Which means 10 different people (and ten different field collection number ID's ) may have collected plant materials at the same specific location, but not necessarily 10 different species.

Example: VCCB19 is listed as Lophophora williamsii v. koehresii, & VZ19 is listed as Lophophora williamsii v. koehresii, both of which are found at the same location by different people.

When printing the file to PDF, there's roughly 6 entries per page & 30 pages, suggesting 180 species??

Other interesting data:

PP1075 Lophophora williamsii v grimii? (Question mark in the posted field data, not mine)

LRM198 Lophophora williamsii v fricii fricii is now a variety of wiliamsii?

These are all different williamsii locality types.

I dont mean to blow up your auction thread, but this is the only thread with this link posted to it, and I just have a hard time believing there's 80 species or 100 species or 160 species of Lophophora williamsii's.

By 'locality types', you seem to be suggesting different species based on location, rather than the same species found at multiple locations, as other literature would have us believe.

In a sense, its no different than a T bridgesii growing in my yard which I've named Z1 and the exact same T. bridgesii growing in Nitrogens yard, which has been named N1. Nitrogen & I are maybe 7-10 km apart.

Again, i mean no disrespect to you or your auction thread.

Zelly ^^^I'm no expert. Forever learning and sharing what I find. I believe it says Localities not species. Locations of visually different lophs.

There are some great seekers, conservationists, plant breeders and just plain smarter people than me on this planet who have called them what they are, Not me. Google and ye shall find. Try searching the information provided in the link for more details. There is plenty out there and you may have to translate pages but very interesting to read none the less. I'm not giving all the answers because I don't have them all nor am I going to spend hours trying to explain what I took the time to research myself.

I get seeds off an 86 year old who says they are what they are. I'm not here to argue what they are or even know the answers. Why they are called what they are I will leave to more knowledgable people than me.

By all accounts Lophophora grow differently wherever they are under many different conditions. Whether or not they were ever found where the dicoverer claims or they were selectively bred that way I really don't care. If it looks different I want it and I will call it whatever the person who dicovered or bred it wants.

I can't post to the states sorry Zelly because I'm sure someone would get into me for that too. I also wonder why you would buy something you don't seem to believe is what it is? It just seems you like to have a crack at a bloke without having a real idea yourself? Your the same person who wanted a price on 24,000 of these type seeds so why ask the questions here now?

2 grand to your door for anyone else interested in 24,000 seeds from all 'Localities'.

Your question "Is the list suggesting 180 species"? Species no. 180? (i havent checked) locations where plants visually unlike a 'standard' lophophora williamsii were 'dicovered' more likely? Maybe in more than one instance they found visually similar plants of the non classic type in more than one location? It's not my list. It was posted there so people they can do their own research.

Maybe other worldly beings have been cross pollinating plants with magic space dust which makes em grow funny. They look different to me and thats all I'm interested in and I'm sure many others are too.

Its an auction thread. Not a lets stir up shit thread. Next time start a thread and ask "can anyone explain this coz I don't understand" or send me another PM FFS and ask. I guess the comeback will be "I was asking for everyone".

I dont mean to blow up your auction thread, but this is the only thread with this link posted to it, and I just have a hard time believing there's 80 species or 100 species or 160 species of Lophophora williamsii's.

Again, i mean no disrespect to you or your auction thread.

Perhaps at this point you should have started another topic in a more appropriate place.

Don't mean to be disrespectful but I think that line was already crossed. This is the 2nd time you have hijacked a thread I've created with hard to get stuff for us Aussies with comments you knew ^^ before you made them were not going to go down well in either post. Once bitten and all that.

Congratulations you are now #1 on the dont do a thing for them list along with the members who haven't lived up to their ends of trades.

Have a good day.

Muskrat you have the high bid of $35 and I don't care where you are from.

the auction is now for 20 of each LOCALITY or whatever the fuck you want to call it seed

$60

Ends in an hour and 3 minutes by my clock

I'll even lob in a few more vojtechii

• Like 1

Nice one GoOnThen. The missus is (not very happily) bagging them up for me tonight and can post them in the morning.

• Like 1

Thanks mate I am a happy little camper.

I will PM you to sort payment

Cheers

Got