The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
planthelper

seeking knowledge LED 3D TV

hi!

bought a LG 55LM9600 yesterday.

was the only one left, which was used as a floor exhibit.

noticed today, it was sold to me, already with a burned screen.

shop will replace, but i lost a bit my confidance in the product, it's said LED's don't easely get a burned screen.

don't know much about TV's and 3D, bought it, because i think it's the only TV which can, turn every signal into 3D. other 3D tv's are much cheaper, doe's that mean, they only produce 3D, with certain dvd's? note, it's not one of those active 3D tv's, where the goggles need a battery, and which only work with blue ray.

insiders, advice me, what you would do, get the same again, or change to another TV?

Edited by planthelper

i used to repair allot of tv sets and other stuff like that. in my opinion, stay away from LG. they use the cheapest shitiest components and never last long.
life's good (only for them making money from you). if you need replacment parts.. good luck finding them, most electrical suppliers cant even get them. LG = land-fill from day one.

just so i can de brief myselfe, as the nightmare contiues.

the bastard, didn't give me any 3d goggles, and lg helpline say's well it was, bought from the floor, so what.

i would end up paying more, for the floor piece, than for an original wrapped one, once i have to buy googles!!

lg stuff sucks, they always are avoident.

organised with the store, that a friend would pic up the 3d googles, and they gave my friend, a wrong pair which doesn't work with my system, and on top children size!!

lg helpline, say's something like, it's your duty, to inform youreselfe about the product,

YES I WOULD, IF THE BASTARDS WORKING THERE, COULD GIVE ME INFO, BUT OBVIOUSLY THEY DON'T KNOW ANYTHING THEMSELVES.

i sue them unless they settle all to my satisfaction!

JB hi fi stuff are crap :ana: , don't go there, they blame you for there incompetance, and i can tell, they are trained to do so.

Edited by planthelper

And this is another example showing why Australian retail is losing out to online sales..

Poor customer service and pricing.

JB Hifi is okay if you walk in knowing exactly what you want without any expectations from staff.

The staff are pretty clueless anyway.

I can't speak from my own experiences with TVs, as I don't have one - but Samsung seem to have a

Pretty good reputation from what I've heard and read briefly.

It's definitely worthwhile doing your research and reading as many reviews as possible online first, though.

Even companies with a good reputation will release a poor product from time to time.

Whenever I purchase something, the amount of research is always proportional to the amount of money I'm

Wishing to spend..

• Like 2

yep, everytime somebody i know buys a new tv they don't get one suitable for the room it's going in (viewing angle, size based on distance to couch, and if the image is clear in a sunny room) and the hardware they're gonna link up to it (eg paid for inputs/outputs they don't use, or didn't get as many as they need) and it's apparent that they didn't know what the specifications actually mean and which ones were or weren't important (for instance you want good contrast specs and lots of shades of black but the placard might tout a high refresh rate which doesn't mean much.

specs are one thing but you need to see how it performs when there are fast changes on the entire screen (some tv's get blurred patches as the processor struggles with the hectic signal it's getting) and in very dark scenes. apparently the manufacturers do their own benchmarking so better specs on the box doesn't mean better specs.

i downloaded some 3d movies and they display as two movies side by side, so to watch in 2D you could just block out one of them, it should be exactly like the 2d version. when you put play those movie files on the 3dtv you just turn on 3D mode and it mixes the two movies into one.

3D tv sets fall a bit short of total awesomeness at the moment, it might be many years before they come up with a flawless method.

this is as good a place as any to say that i tracked down one of the rare screenings of the hobbit 3D that was projected at peter jacksons HFR (high frame rate) on a modernised projector (old film projectors, like the movies themselves, were limited to standard film. peter jackson has taken the leap to high frame rate, even though hardly anyone saw it and film reviewers who did often said that it was horrible.

ok, listen. HFR is fucking amazing. the brain is used to seeing 24FPS at the cinemas so whenever a character waves their arm quickly or dashes across the screen, it deadset looks like the projectionist pressed fast forward (to my brain anyway). it's spectacularly better for any fast stuff including camera pans (movements can be twice as fast i guess before motional blur sets in). i give it five years until nobody will want to see a movie shot on film except.... i dunno.... the types of people who still own a black and white tv with mono sound, or only listen to records. i'm sold on HFR, besides, shooting with digital cameras must give the moviemakers a lot more freedom.

i hope the hobbit and newer HFR movies come out as HFR dvd's. tv's should have no problem displaying them, but i'm not sure if it will be as WOW since tv shows already have various different frame rates.

this tv can turn everything into 3D, even photos i take, and is said to be, cutting edge.

i hope, i don't repeat myselfe, but i tried to get more info about this tv, and guess what, the LG website says, about my tv, not released yet, no information available.

but you know, i got some good friends, and they lent me there car, so i can return that crap, so

LIFE is GOOD, as long as one avoids, LIFE GOOD BRAND!!!

Edited by planthelper

turning a single 2D image into 3D sounds very dubious, i could believe that it lets you manually add depth to your photos... or can to "guess" some aspects of the third dimension. that seems plausible, programs that interpret visual data keep getting better at it.

Every bad employment story I've written on this forum was whilst I worked as a dept manager at JB HIFI. I can disclose this now as I have been absent of their employment for 3 months :)

The whole thing is setup to benefit nobody except the store manager and all the levels above him. Every other staff member in the place is expected to either pick up the slack, cop the abuse (once physical with me and multiple times mental), and meet undoable deadlines and kpi's. they are purely the McDonald's of retail and let me tell you insider advice of only 6mths age says shits not getting better. I have many good friends in corporate office and the company has commenced a major cull of retail management and expenses across all 170 odd stores.

Good luck getting anything resolved instore with these guys, even when I went two levels up in management to complain I was ridiculed and told to sit down and play ball or find a new job. Which I did, and pays more :) I am even considering action regarding the mistreatment and abuse whilst employed there (3 stores total), but sometimes it's Better to let the dead dog stink...

To resolve your issue I would contact the complaint email on their website initially. This would usually have it resolved within hours or a day. If this doesn't work, take a copy to the accc with the updated info/contact and you'll have the store throwing you a refund. Generally if you stress you want a refund in the complaint email (received by the regional and corporate offices) you will get it no problems. Or demand a free replacement warranty, they'll play ball there too.

I'm sorry you chose the wrong retailer, and all your advice and product knowledge is good and you bought a versatile model. It's just unfortunate but the floor stock could have already been over 12mths old and shot to shit creek.

Edited by thed00dabides

great insights.

i returned the tv today.

you know, when i worked as a professional cabinetmaker, my drawings, calculations, cutouts and assembly, had to be accurate, not once you can get away, with just taking it easy.

one false number and you are screwed. those fucking wankers, had to take down only one single number (model number) over the phone, to give me the right googles, and they failed with this most mundane task. the googles, were even child size, and it says so on the package. i even asked the floor guy (over the phone), have you got the details, written down, yeah yeah....bullshit.

when i went installing furniture, i had to think of dozends of tools and items, if not often far more, and sure i stuffed up at times, but still my clients are my kings and customer satisfaction is a must.

those absolut imbecil retards, didn't even manage to give me, the googles, which are the most important thing, with any 3d tv.

when i was in the shop, the googles all four of them, hung out very close to the tv, how can they forget them?

went to harvey and sussed out the same model, it was cheaper, and on top the floor stuff, seamed much nicer to me.

one of my friends gave me a good advice, the more money you spend, the more information one has to gather, beforhand.

the stress caused me chestpains almost all day, oh thank god for nitroglycerin.

Edited by planthelper
  • Like 1