The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Halif

A Fun Mental Exercise

A Fun Mental Exercise

Why?

Why not? ( aha! See what I did there?! )

Imagine that someone shows up at your door and gives you a present. You know the

person, but not really well, and the gift comes as a wonderful surprise. It's a great

gift and obviously a lot of care and effort has gone into its acquisition and

presentation. You love it and you love the gesture.

In fact, as well as feeling a natural euphoria, you actually feel kind of humbled by

it all. I mean, this person has taken time and effort to do something really amazing

for you, and the only reason is because they really like you. They don't expect

anything in return - not to spend more time with you or even your gratitude. They

just really, really like and respect you.

They say that your existence is inspiring to them and its the least they could do to

say 'thanks'. Then they quietly leave you to your privacy and enjoyment of that gift.

Things are great, and the funny thing is, the next day a different person shows up

with a unique but equally impressive gift which you love as much as the first. The

same thing happens the next day, and the day after. You are so happy about all this

that you actually feel kind of overwhelmed. You ask what you can do for people in

return, but they reply 'just keep doing what you're doing. That's enough for me'.

It feels very amazing and overwhelmingly good. That feeling seems to grow and you

realise that it is unlimited. The feeling opens up new realms of possibility in your

understanding of the way the universe works.

Enjoy

• Like 3

:) :) :)

• Like 1

i'd start out suprised

then grow suspicious.

then grow paranoid trying to figure out just what their game is!

• Like 1