The Corroboree
migraineur

Any Perth Users Who Successfully Graft Cacti?

I am not a pro by any means but I have done a few. :)

Cheers

Got

yep, but have hands full with my own grafts atm.

yea i have done a few.... why why why why????????

Once in a blue moon

Edited by gilligan

Maybe he's planning on creating a franken-grafter, the perfect garden assistant for all your grafting woes, costructed by grafting together the careful hands of all the experienced grafters he can get his hands on ;)

• Like 2

Maybe he's planning on creating a franken-grafter, the perfect garden assistant for all your grafting woes, costructed by grafting together the careful hands of all the experienced grafters he can get his hands on ;)

That would be Occam's razor... :unsure:

Edit: I'm an idiot and I thought I was in the daily cactus thread.

Edited by endorfinder

^

Interesting, i've never heard of that before lol.

I have some trich and loph seedlings that I think would be good if grafted. I have very little root stock and I have not tried grafting before. I'm thinking of proposing a trade. I would supply the loph and trich seedlings and the other person would supply the root stock and grafting skills. The two participants would then share the final products.

Is there anyone here that might be interested in such a proposal?

• Like 1

Hahahaha. I laughed loudly at this one.

• Like 1

I think u may find that most grafters like myself, already have far too many seedlings that also need grafting. Space, time, speed of pere reproduction. All play a role in having too many seedlings, not enough rootstock, not enough room and simply not enough time. Maybe some1 can send u pereopskis to play with urself.

Peace

N

• Like 2

I am in the same boat as naja but I might be able to be talked into doing a few for you but you would have to offer a special trade. :wink:

Cheers

Got

that looks like you gave up, on trying it, for youreselfe, and that's not good, eehh?

i propose, why don't you make a small video, of you trying it, and we will tell you what went wrong.

everybody can graft, apart from people with, very shaky hands, and even then, alcohol can often steady your hands, and maybe all you need is dutch courage, so please, do try again. :)

Edited by planthelper
  • Like 4

I was the same, all my mates were pulling off peres grafts left, right and centre but i had lost my confidence after my first attempt was a failure.

Eventually i tried it again, funnily enough like PH said with a couple beers to calm the nerves and hey presto it worked.

Just sort yourself out some pere, its very fun and exciting once you can overcome the nervousness :)

And think of the potential this new skill could bring to your garden!

• Like 1

Finally !!! FFs Finally !! I can explain to the Mrs why I drink so much.... :worship:

Cheers Boys !!!

01-CHEERS.jpg

Edited by mr b.caapi
  • Like 3

no lie I had to get stoned to get over my nervousness on my first day of seedling grafts... and I was doing so well too hadn't smoked anything in weeks and then bam... I made a goal I couldn't complete without raiding the rest of the cannabutter...though I may have purged a negative entity in the process :P

but since then, I have done all the rest of my grafts completly sober, I think anyhow..

You should look over all the good resources you've already looked at, browse them again for reminders... follow all steps and give it a go... don't skip anything for convenience, get new razors and sterilize one, clean your work area, have all the supplies around required for the method you are using... and well, Just Do it!

Its alot easier once you've got some experience behind you, which is precisely what was mentioned at first in Teo's Grafting book... theres no such thing as success without the risk of screwing up... and in the process of screwing up you can only improve.... I don't know how many seedlings you have but I imagine you have a few volunteers which can make for your first experience with grafting... I too was afraid I would become a graftophile, but now I am aware... I am source... I am the union beteen the scion and the stock...

join us!

• Like 2

I haven't tried it yet. I just don't want to lose any more caespitosa lophs than I have to. I'll get myself some grafting stock and try it myself. Damn that fungus that's killing my babies!

just cut them up man. You will win and lose. But once you get a feel for it you will be trying to graft all sorts of weird shit.

• Like 3

I haven't tried it yet. I just don't want to lose any more caespitosa lophs than I have to. I'll get myself some grafting stock and try it myself. Damn that fungus that's killing my babies!

try a little pinch of Mancozeb in some water and give them a spray with it.

Maybe we can do a grafting tutorial at the next meet?

great idea