The Corroboree
Bert&Ernie

can't sleep

Two words brother.. Psybient Music.

I just weaned myself off mood stabilisers because they were destroying my melatonin, my sleep is becoming more consistent and I'm finding aslong as I don't mess around with anymore chems or prescription meds my chemistry is coming back to normal and I'm feeling happy, motivated and at the end of the night I feel the drowsiness come back on.

Keep the temaz at low doses dude and if you feel tired without it, don't have one. Seriously though.. I have never in my life fallen asleep within the first 5 minutes of lying down, until I put on some Psybient music! It works in a similar way to meditation, where it puts your mind into a trance-like state and generally all the stresses or feelings of anxiety will subside very rapidly and before you know it, it's time to wake up.

It doesn't always work for everyone.. I guess it just depends what your mind is seeking. Have a listen anyway.. The sound of flutes, thunder and rain is very calming!

http://youtu.be/9TVnnh3g-pw

Edited by LikeAshesWeFade
  • Like 1

I took mogadon for about five years, it has been about a year with out them and i still don't really sleep.

i was hooked bad but i have to hand it to this sleep eazy tea i got from the markets. lawf thanks

for that post really helped , i just lay there with four walls staring at me, every fucking car door,

my mind is playing tricks one me.

reminds me of that old geto boys song.

Edited by bigred82
  • Like 1

Hey jwerta,

Good on you for staying away from bright screens, I know so many people who have to tv on constantly as a comfort thing.

If you are getting anxious without stimulation i would try reading each night before bed, it keeps the mind busy enough so anxiety doesnt get a chance to sneak in and wreak havock with you and once you fall into a regular pattern with it, reading should help your body and mind realise when its time to wind down and get some sleep.

• Like 1