The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
VINS

smokeable kratom

i wonder how many time is necessary (in the native place) to made this kind of extract.

is it a story of hours like with hash or more months like with the smokeable opium ?

and more practical : is it possible to reproduce the recipe with small quantity ?

does the malaisian smoke kratom or do they eat it ?

thanks

Vin's

smoking breaks most of the alkaloids.

Extracts are made by water extraction and the evaporation. Can be done in a matter of a few hours.

i don't understand : by the smoke way, lot of alkaloid are break. with opium it is the same thing and i have read that not all the alkaloid burn and that is why they were using the smoked opium more than one time.(they resell it but less expensive).

why do they use the smoke way if the result are less powerfull and more short ?

i have made a surch in the archive and read again the faq but the extraction process is not describe. i just read "water extract".

isn't there some maturation or oxidation time ?

Originally posted by VIN'S:

why do they use the smoke way if the result are less powerfull and more short ?

people like to smoke things. Why do people smoke cannabis? it is also shorter and more wasteful if smoked, yet most people consume it that way.

i just read "water extract".

isn't there some maturation or oxidation time ?

No, just make a tea (simmer for 15 minutes with a dash of lemon juice), strain, and then evaporate the water.

i do not agree with your cannabis comparaison:

cannabis have a smell and you lost it if you eat instead of smoke.(cannabis is an exception, because lot of plant have a bad harsh smell)

smoking is also a good way to prevent an overdose, by this method we could decide how many time and how stronger will be the trip.

anyway you're right when you said that people like smoking things.

i have a theory: smoking is pleasant because the pleasure answer is fast after administration.(this is why the bong users are talking about hard drug with cannabis)

this is how we are sometime missed by our sensation. in my opinion the way of administration is sometime more involved in satisfaction process than the drug content.

Vapourise gently and hold as long as possible and you don't waste much of cannabis. But remember - don't smoke anything bigger than your head.

This smoking vs eating thing is not actually as straightforward as it first might appear. As far as I understand things, concentrated substances tend to work better smoked, whilst eating gives gnomes more of a kick when it comes to bulkier plant extracts.

Example: smoking coke and speed is (reputedly :) ) the next best thing to blasting. People who can handle snorting wind up getting addicted to the rush of smoking. But we are talking about pure powders being consumed in quantities of 10s of milligrams.

On the other hand, there seems to be a limit to how much of a kick anyone can get out of smoking marijuana. That fourth joint doesn't get anyone more stoned; it just makes the stone last longer. In fact, it almost seems that some sort of transient tolerance effect is operating. On the other hand, I would speculate that smoking pure THC could be a completely different kettle of fish vis a vis eating. Similar remarks apply to opium.

This all assumes of course that some means can be found of smoking the substance without degrading it in the process. Whether that occurs or not depends on the particular substance, but Theo is generally right that vapourising is the way to go.