The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
spiraleyes

breathe easy

does anybody have any great ideas to help someone with stuffed up sinuses breathe easier?

not wet or blocked with mucus.

just really dry and tight and hard of breathing.

tried a saline spray but that soon dried out.

im going nuts not being able to breathe and it makes didg playing extreamly hard frown.gif

anyone? smile.gif

[This message has been edited by spiraleyes (edited 17 January 2003).]

the only thing that worked for my sinuses was to give up tobacco.

Get sum equal amount of

Common mint,Pineapple sage And pennyroyal.

Fill a basin with about 2 litre hot (not boiling> water enuff 2 steam and add the herbs.. inhale steam deeply with head coverd with towel ...Garanteed smile.gif

Or try cocaine..lol

[This message has been edited by MOJORISIN (edited 17 January 2003).]

i know you said it's not blocked w/mucus, but this might help, & it might be interesting for others.

i don't know (w/recent new laws) if it's still available, but you used to be able to buy from chemists a 1% solution ov ephedrine + water in a 10ml bottle w/a dropper. this is the best & fastest way to clear a blocked nose.

you have to ask for it, it's not displayed. assistant may not know what you're talking about(from expeerience)

Ephedrine has not been available for many years. It is also not recommendable to ask for it cos these days it is on schedule 9. In any case, the last thing you want to do is to dry your sinuses out even more. I sometimes get this same problem from too much dry air, such as weeks of working and living in airconditioned rooms without much respite for the mucous membranes.

For starters, drinking more water will often help simply by allowing the mucous membranes to look after themselves. No alcohol or diuretics (coffee etc). And then spending some time in a humid environment, either by having a mister nearby, or by actually hovering over steam for 30 min at least once a day. It is a good idea to put something soothing into the steam, such as the herbs mentioned, however do not use the typical cold remedy type herbs as they are designed to dry.