The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
nabraxas

Rainbow Serpent festival

the earlier you buy the cheaper the ticket.

the first round cheapies have sold out, but i think the 2nd round discount is still available.

no. i've got a mate who only goes to this one festival every year & he kind ov cajoled me into it.

Having been to my first party of this kind in September (Regrowth, near the ACT), Im keen to check this out, maybe. It looks quite commercial though, from the website. Is there generally a low ratio of dickheads/cops/security/drunks to trippers & smokers at RS, and is it all chilled?

I'm keen mostly because there are bands on the bill a well as DJ's. This is farly uncommon at doofs, right?

I've been to rainbow and its definitely worth checking out!

Psylo - Rainbow probably has the lowest ratio of dicks/cops and security to good mannered, good fun partying peoples around, its a seriously wicked and fun festival!! Super chilled in certain aspects as there's heaps and heaps of space and multiple stages and stalls and whatnot for if your feeling like just lounging around but theres still always some doof to found when you want it. In terms of security/cops/dickheads I don't think I've really ever seen any in my experiences. Except for the cops actually they have a big bus in the middle of the festival but don't ever appear to leave it and only seem interested in anti social behaviour (which i never seen any of)

I do remember my first year there actually seeing some dude walking right up to a tap next to the emergency area with the cops and ambo's to clean out his nice big glass bong, no one battered an eye lid. I figured it was a good omen for the weekend and to come and it certainly was!!

Cool, so no dogs in the past either? They have become standard at many mainstream festies, searching punters for.... things

Gotta say that I was blown out at how self-governing regrowth was. The 'security' were volunteer 'heads', the first aid tent was a ghost town, because nobody couldn't handle their shit, people looked out for each other if they fell while in the dance pit. We could meander aimlesly for miles on the property for times where we wanted to get away from it all. Not a single fight or altercation took place in three days. The audio quality from all the stages restored my faith in live music, knowing that there are still top sound engineers out there (wouldnt think so based on rock gigs I go to), and the food was cheap and tasty, not to mention an endless supply of chai.

So yea, if that's anything to go by, we'll be going to Rainbow Serpent !

• Like 1

I assume you don't get to a lot of doofs Psylo but if all the above are things you value/enjoy in a festival/party/camping weekend experience (as I do) than your going to love doofing!!!

I assume you don't get to a lot of doofs

Nope, first one a couple of months ago :)

And a mutual decision has been made. We're going to get tickets in December !

Edited by Psylo

Oh yeah, just re-read your post my bad, a decision well made then!!!

You definitely won't regret it but well prepared for a long and awesome weekend.

(when I say prepared I mean sturdy tent/shade structure as its bloody hot with little shade and there always seems to be 1 arvo/night period of cyclone style winds that destroyed my entire camp first year round on the first evening. Really not good times/timing with that happening just on dark just as the stages start up and just as my vision was starting to become seriously distorted (for the purpose of doing something constructing/problem solving)