The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Snowfella

Went to Hamiltons

Don't think I've ever seen it as picked out as it is right now, damn near all the benches are bare! True to form though I didn't come home empty handed although I suspect this is the least amount of plants I've ever got there in one visit!

The haul for today.

post-11193-0-85590300-1352342705_thumb.j

They had a couple more of the crests but I couldn't see anymore looking like the other one. Not a bad haul for $14 I'd like to think.

post-11193-0-85590300-1352342705_thumb.jpg

post-11193-0-85590300-1352342705_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

pew pew

nice work man.

I have one of these I'ma bap the crap out of it in a couple months.

Damn, I'm going there tomorrow.

how many peru crests does that place have jeez

you guys are lucky you have a nursery where you can go and find these at

try living in W.A. your lucky if you find a shitty little half dead scop at bunnings

hasn't ever stopped me myco, who needs bunnings, when u have SAB. :P And, with the amount of seedlings and seeds I have. I doubt I'll ever add another clone to my collection unless it's very special. I got my peru crest from ebay, bit pricier, but hey. I got one.

never stopped me either naja

well it did for a little while when i lost a couple of packages :(

my collection is actually getting a little out of control with rare freaks ;)

(pics will come soon i promise haha) y

ou may all need to bring a change of pants when you see the pics haha ;)

but it would be nice to be able to see these things in nurseries and for $14 for 2 shit thats pretty damn good

i wish i'd grabbed one from ebay back when they were going for about 30 bucks now the prices theyre getting to is just insanity

i got one hooked up though just got to be patient :)

Edited by myco
  • Like 1

I've been to Hamiltons numerous times and they never had the crest in stock. So after seeing this thread I went straight there and grabbed a couple! Thanks for the heads up Snowfella! Oh and as tempting as it was to grab them all, especially at only $7 a piece, I still left a few there for you madhouses (or whoever else gets there first). :)

• Like 1

Damn, I didn't. How big was it? I got there right on 4 and didn't want to hold him up, so I asked what peru crests he had in and he only showed me to the little ones. I even asked if he had any more Trichos in stock before I left and he said no :BANGHEAD2: .

Guess it could be something like 5 inches across, been there for quite a while now as I saw it last time I went there a couple a weeks ago. Situated on a bench right through the "door" you walk through to get to the "checkout" area.

Ah fair enough, I didn't go in there this time. Sounds a bit expensive anyways...

Edited by TheExplorer

Are those pot posts a Hamiltons branding? i saw some varieties with these labels at a small nursery earlier in the week, and they were all in really good health, I was impressed

'I still left a few there for you madhouses (or whoever else gets there first).'

That's mighty nice of you! :)

Edited by madhouses visites

There was only one there so I grabbed that. I've never seen it so empty. I did get to have a look in one of their display greenhouses for the first time though. There's a massive Peru crest in the ground in there. 50cm across at least I reckon.

I also picked up some succulents. I hope they have some more stock when I get there at Christmas.

post-4739-57545_thumb.jpg

lucky fuggers! We`ve got nothing like hamiltons up here. Bahhh

Pics of inside the place to drool over please?

oh fuck it. I was out at Richmond on Saturday, then cruised to some nature reserves in Castlereigh. Said to my mate in attendance that I wonder if we are close to Hamiltons, he didn't know. Looking at the map, and one point we were merely minutes away :(

Going back to the area in a few weeks to photograph some natives in bloom, I'l drop in and take some pics of the cacti for you. 2Deep

• Like 3