The Corroboree
niggles

Psychedelic taste in your mouth?

Hi folks!

I have discovered through discussing with anonymous people who take psychedelics recreationally that many people (all the ones i asked) experience a taste/sensation in the back of their mouth towards the tail end of LSD experiences.

I have had this described as a 'sort of metallic flavour, vaguely reminiscent of a yawn.' I have also been told by some they feel it relates to smoking a lot while on the substance. None have been able to remember having this sensation in another circumstance.

Is anyone familiar with this sensation? Any thoughts on the cause?

Just curious!

Hi Guys, interesting topic. Please make sure to phrase your replies in an uncriminating way. :)

there has been talk in the VIC party scene of an nBOMe compounds being passed around as LSD, which apparently has a metallic taste (as opposed to LSDs reported no taste) which may explain why some in VIC or AUS at large may experience such a taste. never before have i heard another first hand report of this without the aforementioned variable, but this may very well be down to people not caring, or accepting it is a part of the experience (which people seem to of many negative side effects, jaw clenching etc). it may be wise to advise anyone that reports this to you to try to swallow the same dose immediately instead of sub-lingual dosing which is common, as i believe nBOMe series chemicals are destroyed in the gut. this may rule out or confirm that as a factor.

edit: advice given only for the purpose of harm reduction, i do not advise anyone to take a dose of any illegal substance, especially when unknown chemical make up or purity is a concern :)

Edited by dionysus

Dysgeusia perhaps? As a result of xerostomia?

Hofmann himself reported this sensation to be a common side-effect of LSD.

I know someone who gets that taste when they have an lsd blotter in mouth. I assume this is the same kinda thing as LSD has no taste esp not metallic.

• Like 1

i also know of someone who experiences a metallic taste and also a very metallic feel in general from what is being passed around as LSD that lasts for a good 24 hours.

shit's going to get a fuckload more interesting in the lsd scene shortly. One of the chinese RC suppliers has just released blank paper soaked in "a compound structurally related to LSD, but legal everywhere". Numbnuts in oz will invariably start importing this and will probably get away with it for a long time because it is after all just plain paper. But just to be clear, anything 'structurally related' to LSD is definitely illegal in alll states here.

As for the metallic taste mentioned by OP, I tink we need to differentiate between the taste of the LSD/blotter and the taste sensation that happens towards the end of the trip. That's a few horus in between and one has little to do with the other, but seems to be getting confused in this thread. The taste of LSD is probably due to impurities because LSD is supposed to be tasteless [just like DMT is odourless, but generally stinks pretty bad due to degradation products]. The taste sensation at the end of the trip is more likely due to some mixed signals in the taste buds or the nerves that process the information. Maybe it is related to certain taste nuances coming back online after being knocked out by the lsd?

Thanks T, Yeah this is a sensation at the end of the experience. These same people tell me that often when they first put it in their mouths, sometimes they can taste something coppery, and that it sends shivers up and down their spine when it makes contact with their tongue.

The metallic taste is the mother ship calling!

I thought that was the electronic beeping in my ears and the lights in the sky...

• Like 1