The Corroboree
Psylo

x x

^

OMG, theres a line of cat turd utensils?!!

..pure Douglas Adams :P

its better than the alternative...

fake_dog_doo_hand_small.jpg

I have a ragdoll cat. He's awesome. He sleeps all day and night. Sometimes I think he's dead

We have two ragdolls. Awesome pets. I didn't even really like cats until we got the first one. But they grow on you.

They're basically just like fluffy stoner dogs.

Follow you everywhere, as long as they're not hungry.

Snoochie boochies! :bong:

Edited by Alice

How old was he? The boys are cuddlier anyway.. nawww squishy ratties!

Probably 6 weeks old.. He was so nice.

I really wanted to keep him, but didn't have a separate cage I could put him in away from the female.

And agreed, male rats are much nicer. The female rats I've had never sit still. This male rat

seemed quite content just sitting and letting you pet him.

I was tempted to keep him, get him desexed so I could house him with the female... But I thought it was cruel

and unfair to needlessly neuter an animal like that.

Edited by SYNeR

I had to put down my beautiful baby (9yrs old) Midge a few months ago and barely a week later I'd found (we found each other more like it) a kitten at the RSPCA (litter was left in a box on the side of a road) who I had an immediate and very strong bond with. This kitten had had no other interest shown in her until after I left to bring the carrier up, because she'd perked right up. She was instantly at home the second she was let out of the carrier and is a fearless little bugger who I'm sure is half persian but has a real street cat attitude especially when it comes to me (her mama) and food (scavenges anything), loves hunting too. Proper name is Cinda but I call her Peanut (cos she acts like one, flicking her tail around and prancing around the wheelchair), or Baby. Even though she's nearly four months old she's hardly grown, she was just a tiny ball of sooty fluff like a Disney kitten. I had go into hospital for five days recently and when I came back she was massively pissed at me for leaving her (though my boyfriend fed them); I had a D and M with her about never abandoning her and the last time I went away for a few days she was just happy to see me when I got back lol.

th_photo-3_zps64b8aae7.jpg

Then I was looking online at an older oriental male in a temp foster home to be homed out permanantly because his lady owner died, a story that damn broke my heart. Particularly because a large part of the bond I'd had with Midge was due to me saving her life and her saving mine by making me not want to leave her after suicide. By the time I called up about him, he'd been homed so I was happy for that. But I found a gorgeous ginger and white half persian friendly 6month boy looking for his permanant home and thought he'd be a wonderful play companion for Peanut. He's the Yang to her Yin; total opposites they are, but after the first few days of Peanut being insanely pissed off at both of us, she soon learnt that he could be fun and he wasn't going to threaten her superiority. He's dopey as fuck but so sweet and such a handsome boy. It's funny, them both being half persian, the bottom half of her muzzle is persian-like, while the top half of his is persian. His coat reflects light, hers absorbs it. His eyes are amber gold, hers green gold.

th_photo-4_zps7e4ef49a.jpg

Even though they came along much sooner than I anticipated, I don't for a second regret getting them; putting up with furbunnies and revolting catshit and all. I would rescue one rather than buy a purebred or petstore; there's far too many irresponsible pet owners out there who essentially cause the unnecessary deaths of puppies and kittens all the time. Every rescue cat/dog I've known have always had great personalities; just find the one you have the bond with is probably just as big a factor I think.

Just don;t get rats, the little fuckers are so personable and then they die so quickly, it's heartbreaking.

I used to have rats, one of whom was a female named Buffy with which I had a total bond with, she died around 4 1/2 yrs old (she held on until a few days after I went away on holiday for 7 weeks). They can have huge personalities! Males are sweeter in general but stinkier.