The Corroboree
DarkSpark

Little get together - Gold Coast 23/9

So i have had a couple of people express interest in joining me and a few other members for a casual lunch or something similar whilst i am visiting the Gold Coast. Not 100% sure on a location however there are plenty available both public and private. I know it is short notice and i don't expect people to try and make time for this but if you are free and want to catch up for a BBQ and swap meet let me know. I have a location that we could use at a friends house in Nerang if nothing else turns up. I know there are heaps of goldy members on here i might send some of you a PM in case this thread is missed.

I will be bringing my seed collection along with whatever live plants i feel will survive the trip stuffed in a suitcase. These will all need to be given away as i dont want to lug them home :) Thinking psychotrias, cathas, justicia, smelly sages etc etc. Interested to get my hands on some small cacti etc.

Time/Date: 12:30pm - Sunday 23/9/2012

Location: Tamborine Mtn or Nerang (Message a few days prior to event for address)

What to bring: Yourselves, Food or Drink, Some plants and seeds to trade

Who can come: Everyone is welcome, spouses/partners and good friends with an interest in ethnobotany are also welcome!

Edited by DarkSpark
  • Like 2

You read my mind mate! I was thinking the same thing the last couple of days. I will surely be there, especially If the venue of friend's house your referring to is mine ;) Then Jox and I could finally meet too :D

I know there's heaps of G.C members lurking these halls. Where are we all?

• Like 2

Keen as , :lol:

@ 2Deep, we have been talking about this for too long, time to make it happen.

Keep me posted.

Cheers

jox

• Like 1

Yeah well we can do yours 2deep, not 100% sure yet, would the rellos be ok with it ?

Got a heap to do in the garden today but i will get in touch with some people tonight ok.

So far have had 5 people confirm they will be attending from these forums. Combined with a friend of mine we have a total of 6 so far :) any others feel free to message me.

I will set an official time and date now though i haven't confirmed with everyone

Time/Date: 12:30pm - Sunday 23/9/2012

Location: Tamborine Mtn or Nerang (Message a few days prior to event for address)

What to bring: Yourselves, Food or Drink, Some plants and seeds to trade

Who can come: Everyone is welcome, spouses/partners and good friends with an interest in ethnobotany are also welcome!

edit: my train is booked to come down saturday, gotta look after the kids saturday night while nanna goes out then sunday will be leaving them with her and hopefully 2deep will pick me up. You thinking of bringing the mrs?

Edited by DarkSpark
  • Like 2

Excellent :lol: Good work on organising the meet guys, can't wait!

Yeah Im all good to pick you up mate. The 'old's said I can have like 10 people round so should be sweet. Maybe a bit closer for most than Tamborine? Girlfriend will be there for a couple of hours, but if she gets 'overwhelmed' with all the entheo talk, she might head off lol.

I will have a couple of little giveaways, and a bit to trade as well. Be sure to bring your seed cases people I will have some snags and bread and so forth as well to chuck on the barbie.

Any other Gold Coasters free on Sunday?

Whose coming so far?

• Like 1

I'm there mate :lol:

Do you want me to bring anything to help out?

Send me a PM if you need anything & let me know the details.

Looking forward to it, thanks mate.

Whoa.....cmon fellow gatherers of the Gold Coast @ the Corroboree....The chance to meet the infamous Jox, now who could turn that up! Oh this is going to be fun B). Not just for GC'ers either, but figured there would be more GC'ers than northerners and southerners willing to attend.

Gollum and Gem are we going to be graced with your presence as well? PM me for details you two.

Gollum. I hear through the grape vine that you are just a stones throw away from me as well :D

Edited by 2Deep2Handle
  • Like 2

Yeah Im all good to pick you up mate. The 'old's said I can have like 10 people round so should be sweet. Maybe a bit closer for most than Tamborine? Girlfriend will be there for a couple of hours, but if she gets 'overwhelmed' with all the entheo talk, she might head off lol.

I will have a couple of little giveaways, and a bit to trade as well. Be sure to bring your seed cases people I will have some snags and bread and so forth as well to chuck on the barbie.

Any other Gold Coasters free on Sunday?

Whose coming so far?

I'm there for sure! Oh and yeah, boyfriend lol - andyamine on the forums. (He's forgotten is password and can't log in to respond to this thread, doh) :blink:

Will bring food/drinks - suggestions on what you guys might want would be great (damn 'maternal' type female instincts ha). My plants are in NQ so andy can bring some cuttings of pereskio and other cacti. It will be a treat to put faces to names :)

See you GC peeps Sunday! (Unless I'm in MHU - see xanax thread argh nevermind) :blush:

Whoa.....cmon fellow gatherers of the Gold Coast @ the Corroboree....The chance to meet the infamous Jox, now who could turn that up! Oh this is going to be fun B). Not just for GC'ers either, but figured there would be more GC'ers than northerners and southerners willing to attend.

Gollum and Gem are we going to be graced with your presence as well? PM me for details you two.

Gollum. I hear through the grape vine that you are just a stones throw away from me as well :D

Ah 2Deep, you posted before I finished messing about with my post!! (wee bit OCD) :wink:

gem and AndyAmine will be there - if AA (lol, my boyfriend ha) renegs on keeping Sunday clear, I'll be there regardless :bootyshake:

Sending PM now :lol:

Woop.

Well some others have reponded to me via PM.

Myself, 2deep, Jox, Gem, AndyAmine,

have confirmed here in the thread as well we might be able to get Gollum, Thunderideal & some others there.

Gollum should be able to make it as well :) Especially if it is at your place. Cut me off one of those TBMs that you have which have the funky elongated growth please. i will pay for it! like the one grafted to tim. Or is it just strange growth of a regular TBM short jointed?

Edited by DarkSpark
  • Like 1

andy you are a mod lol, get back on the forums.

will be great to meet more local crew! i am going to be knackered on sunday but that's life, it can't be worse than when i went to a sydney camp. i can't wait to tell you all about the lord our saviour, jesus christ, and how he can save you.

as always i can offer unlimited slightly used pots, pot trays, and seedling trays to anyone and everyone, but you have to let me know how many to bring.

anyone need a lift from brisbane north/south? one seat and unlimited cargo, in exchange for some petrol.

• Like 1

andy you are a mod lol, get back on the forums.

will be great to meet more local crew! i am going to be knackered on sunday but that's life, it can't be worse than when i went to a sydney camp. i can't wait to tell you all about the lord our saviour, jesus christ, and how he can save you.

as always i can offer unlimited slightly used pots, pot trays, and seedling trays to anyone and everyone, but you have to let me know how many to bring.

anyone need a lift from brisbane north/south? one seat and unlimited cargo, in exchange for some petrol.

I can bring you a little pick me up :P

Hey there. I would be keen for as many small pots as i can fit in a suitcase. like 100mm or smaller trays may be too painful to fit in. Any i cant fit i am sure 2deep could hold for me. I will have to arrange one day to stop in and pick some pots up off you i could REALLY use some.

I will already be there but if i cant figure out a lift back up home for monday or tuesday i might take you up on that and train it from brisbane :)

.......if only i could find my keys to the magic carpet....X#$%@#!fuknstupidoldcodger%^&$#.......man this meet sounds fantastic...........i'll be there in mind and spirit - just look towards the sky for a trail of smoke(and coughing spurts)..................gcster's should bang tha wagon full of juice and get there arse's dair.

• Like 1

Hey DS, sounds good man.Got to go to a bush dance on saturday near brissie but should be coherent enough to join you on sunday. I can bring a few little things to trade,( not as much as i would like unfortunately, just starting to get the stock back up after a rough patch). It'll be nice to meet a few fellow corroboree-ers/ Nerang-a-tangs :lol: Pm me with details and ill be there.

• Like 1

Ethereal i will do my best to keep you in the loop with some smoke signals k. Going to have to smoke a helluva lot to get the signals to melb. Oh well i will take one for the team!

Hey gollum good to hear, Backing up from a rave what a badass. Undoubtedly we will just be sitting by the pool having a bit of a toke so should be good vibes if you are feeling under the weather. Ethereal we will take some photos for you and trade plants. Looks like we are going to have an ok turnout fro everyone. Booked my train down i will be getting to the gold coast saturday around 4pm. I will put together a little information PM to send out to everyone involved today. I am getting pretty keen going to start rummaging through the garden for interesting gifts.

A few ideas to make the day interesting (i know its like i am planning one of my kids birthdays i am so excited)

1) Going to be running lucky door prize. Everyone gets 1 dip from the ethno box and 1 dip from the cacti box!

2) If you don't bring anything to trade, you aren't allowed pants. Yes i said pants

3) Will bring some supplies to do a graft, would be cool if each meet we could do 1 graft as a group and let it grow/watch it's progress.

4) had some other stuff but i think my memory is playing tricks on me again

Can't wait to see peoples reactions when they see me for the first time. I always find it amusing as i am generally not what people expect and often when i am meeting people they will walk straight past me lol.

• Like 2

Yeah, um, would like to say i'm badass raver, but, it really is a bush dance. :wacko: Like, honkey tonk, hoe-down, yeeeehaww type bush dance. Jeans and cowboy hats and flannies. Its more of a family & kids get together. Probably shouldn't have said anything and you lot would have been none the wiser. :wink: Not that i ever had much of a doofing plant head rep anyway. Now i leave myself open to copping a bit of shit at the meet i guess.

"Can't wait to see peoples reactions when they see me for the first time. I always find it amusing as i am generally not what people expect and often when i am meeting people they will walk straight past me lol."

Im excpecting you to have rainbow coloured dreads down to your ass, smelling of patchouli and sandlewood with jesus sandals and a sarong. In fact ill be disappointed if you don't. :P

• Like 1

Ethereal i will do my best to keep you in the loop with some smoke signals k. Going to have to smoke a helluva lot to get the signals to melb. Oh well i will take one for the team!

Hey gollum good to hear, Backing up from a rave what a badass. Undoubtedly we will just be sitting by the pool having a bit of a toke so should be good vibes if you are feeling under the weather. Ethereal we will take some photos for you and trade plants. Looks like we are going to have an ok turnout fro everyone. Booked my train down i will be getting to the gold coast saturday around 4pm. I will put together a little information PM to send out to everyone involved today. I am getting pretty keen going to start rummaging through the garden for interesting gifts.

A few ideas to make the day interesting (i know its like i am planning one of my kids birthdays i am so excited)

1) Going to be running lucky door prize. Everyone gets 1 dip from the ethno box and 1 dip from the cacti box!

2) If you don't bring anything to trade, you aren't allowed pants. Yes i said pants

3) Will bring some supplies to do a graft, would be cool if each meet we could do 1 graft as a group and let it grow/watch it's progress.

4) had some other stuff but i think my memory is playing tricks on me again

Can't wait to see peoples reactions when they see me for the first time. I always find it amusing as i am generally not what people expect and often when i am meeting people they will walk straight past me lol.

DarkSpark, really looking forward to it but idea #2 - no trade, no pants...? ?? My plants are in NQ! (besides my lophies and I'm not bringing them!) :wink: I'll just steal some of Andy's cuttings/plants/seeds haha :P

Golllum Its not the Beechmont Blues and Stomp festival is it? Because I have managed to raved many a night away at this supposed 'casual' bush fling. lol

I cant do the rainbow dreads, but I got the patchouli & sandlewood covered, and jesus sandles and sarong.....that's just everyday wear ;)

Darkspark the group grafting idea sounds awesome. I also feel like not trading anything now just so I have an excuse to not have pants on ;), but the plants must be spread, and so thy pants shall remain.

I also volunteer to help create enough smoke signals, so etherealdreamer, may all our smoke blow south to you.

Finishing off an assignment for my Diploma of Hort: Plant Health Management. Due thursday. After that I will be frantically trying to get my garden in order, so it looks half decent.

.its early spring, so there is still a little unused space, where i have yet to decide what gets sowed for the season.

Dam someone posted while i was typing this up!|

EDIT: Yeah Gem just grab some farmers friends, or wild opium lettuce from your driveway on the way out, and we will let you keep your pants.

But Andy.....that's another story.... As punishment for being an absent mod, I think he should be the delegated crazy nut to have no pants. We cant have my neighbors thinking that all entheo-heads are level headed people who like to sit around on a Sunday afternoon for a cup of tea whilst discussing Cacti and theories of Relativity ;) lol...jokes.....For some sick reason I was just reminded of the image I have stored of a pair of testicles with the word SAB on them.....now who the fuck was it again who is responsible for this messed up memory of mine? I'm thinking Incog/Pyslo/Marcel must have had some hand(nut) in this disturbing dedication to Shaman Australis Botanicals

Edited by 2Deep2Handle
  • Like 1

Yeah, um, would like to say i'm badass raver, but, it really is a bush dance. :wacko: Like, honkey tonk, hoe-down, yeeeehaww type bush dance. Jeans and cowboy hats and flannies. Its more of a family & kids get together. Probably shouldn't have said anything and you lot would have been none the wiser. :wink: Not that i ever had much of a doofing plant head rep anyway. Now i leave myself open to copping a bit of shit at the meet i guess.

"Can't wait to see peoples reactions when they see me for the first time. I always find it amusing as i am generally not what people expect and often when i am meeting people they will walk straight past me lol."

Im excpecting you to have rainbow coloured dreads down to your ass, smelling of patchouli and sandlewood with jesus sandals and a sarong. In fact ill be disappointed if you don't. :P

Love it Gollum, looking forward to meeting you there - I always look out of place at ethno/outdoor events too :rolleyes:

''Im excpecting you to have rainbow coloured dreads down to your ass, smelling of patchouli and sandlewood with jesus sandals and a sarong. In fact ill be disappointed if you don't.'' Read this and snorted laughing :lol:

Golllum Its not the Beechmont Blues and Stomp festival is it? Because I have managed to raved many a night away at this supposed 'casual' bush fling. lol

I cant do the rainbow dreads, but I got the patchouli & sandlewood covered, and jesus sandles and sarong.....that's just everyday wear ;)

Darkspark the group grafting idea sounds awesome. I also feel like not trading anything now just so I have an excuse to not have pants on ;), but the plants must be spread, and so thy pants shall remain.

I also volunteer to help create enough smoke signals, so etherealdreamer, may all our smoke blow south to you.

Finishing off an assignment for my Diploma of Hort: Plant Health Management. Due thursday. After that I will be frantically trying to get my garden in order, so it looks half decent.

.its early spring, so there is still a little unused space, where i have yet to decide what gets sowed for the season.

Dam someone posted while i was typing this up!

Whoops, that was me! :blush:

Nah 2deep, Its up at brookfeilds. We hired out the hall for the night. Just a few friends and relos getting together that we dont see very often. We hired a bush band to play for a couple of hrs. We try to do it every year. Great way to keep in touch.

DarkSpark, really looking forward to it but idea #2 - no trade, no pants...? ?? My plants are in NQ! (besides my lophies and I'm not bringing them!) :wink: I'll just steal some of Andy's cuttings/plants/seeds haha :P

Hehe i had to add some humour in there somewhere. Ok how about we append rule #2 as follows

2) If you bring something with you to trade this event will be pants optional

If you can pick me up from the mrs mums house around 10 or so sunday i can help you get the garden in order and setup etc. ugh i have put my tafe off so much got a heap of catchup to do.

heh yeah unused space i have like 700square metres of it that i am slowly planting out with food and medicinal crops. Haven't done this much digging in ages my poor back.

It would be a good outfit and would likely suit me actually. Might be my next Mardigrass outfit.

• Like 1