The Corroboree
Hellonasty

Catha Seed Available Soon - Planthelper's cross

I'd like to put my name down on that list please, this is too exciting to pass up, even though I'm short on space already I think I can squeeze some special Catha seeds in!

Anodyne, You could still be in with a chance there are buckets of seeds on this tree :) That goes for anyone else that is keen.

Whoo! Fingers crossed then, have been after some of these for a while.

Thankyou :)

Edited by Anodyne

Hey all had some drama with the seed, bad storm caused a heap of the seed to drop. A very limited amount left on the tree, only the people who have paid already will get them. A big sorry but mother nature is king.

The person with the initials L... W... from the Newcastle area please PM me. I have a payment from you but don't know who it was from !

p.s. ar these hard to grow from seed?

I got a packet of mixed open pollinated catha seeds from ph sometime in may-june of 2011 & promptly stuck them in the refrigerator....then forgot about them for 14 months.

I found a simple tek somewhere about planting them wing up in a humidity dome, and all 36 seeds I planted sprouted. After a few weeks in the humidity dome, I took the cover off and stuck them in the shade under some palm trees....then sorta forgot about them again. I'd usually remember to water them just before they totally died. There might be 15-18 still alive, desperately needing to be transplanted. And I still have 50-60 seeds left that I'm 99% sure are still viable....

If you look hard, you can see 3 acacia seedlings that also need transplanting....

post-3765-0-47049300-1352713421_thumb.jp

post-3765-0-47049300-1352713421_thumb.jpg

post-3765-0-47049300-1352713421_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

are they coco peat disc's u have used for a planting medium?

No, they're http://parkseed.com/...p/09660-PK-108/

And the real funny thing was when I ordered two Bio-Domes, they were shipped in from Oz.

http://parkseed.com/...tarter/p/06529/

I transplanted all the survivors today into 10 cm pots, ended up with 24 catha plants that look like they'll make it, plus the 3 A. accuminata's.