The Corroboree
Alienteaparty

Experimental Hip hop.

Iv been listening to a lot of music at around 100 bpm and though that i might have a go at creating something along those lines...... But with bizarre sounds sneaking behind every kick, snare and hi hat!

Any criticism or ideas are welcome.

Enjoy!
  • Like 5

Hey not bad man could you send me the beat I'd love to add some scratching in there good kinda hiphop breakbeat to tear up

Hit me up of your keen

Wat are you making your beats on man?

i just started thinking "this could do with a little melody", and whaddya know there it was :)

not bad, not bad at all

Thanks for the comments guys, Im glad you lot liked it.

I use Cubase 5 as my standard daw. The synths i use are Ni massive and Camel audio alchemy but i resample alot using kontakt.

ill enable that tune for download if you like Myco, but im thinking of extending it a bit and tuning it up a tad if youd like to scratch over it. Maybe i can add in a breaksown with less synthy noises over the top of the beat so you will be able to hear the scratching over it.

• Like 1

Yeh man sounds good do some more to it add a bit of a breakdown like you say

then make it for download and I'll grab it and do some scratching on it :)

Does anyone else around this place have turntables???

its nice

http://soundcloud.co...eaparty/critter

Iv been listening to a lot of music at around 100 bpm and though that i might have a go at creating something along those lines...... But with bizarre sounds sneaking behind every kick, snare and hi hat!

Any criticism or ideas are welcome.

Enjoy!

Nice!

If you do make it avail to collaborate on I'd like to have a play too =)

Very Tipper-esque!

Thanks for the awesome comments guys!

I love it when people say my music is tipper-esque. He is one of my greatest influences :)

As for finishing the tune..... It just so happens that my computer has shat itself and is struggling to run cubase, so i wont be able to finish this tune until I can afford to buy a laptop.

I might be selling some old drum n bass vinyl to help fund this laptop if anyone in perth wants to come down and flick through my crates of wax and have a look, your more than welcome.

Or pm me to get a better idea of what i'm getting rid of.

that sucks man

the computers obviously running i assume if you say its struggling to run cubase you sure it doesnt just need a reformat

i got a couple of laptops here that are about 5 and 7 years old they both still run like brand new after a reformat

although i need to get a new one badly as theyre just not quite up to speed with stuff i need to do like photoshop

i also tried to install a couple of new games over the last week while my backs been screwed and i been out of action and bored shitless

and ofcourse my computers are all to slow and old to run them

ive never had any issues with running any music software on them everything from REASON, TRAKTOR SCRATCH, CUBASE, FRUITY LOOPS

everything has run fine wich is pretty surprising for laptops this old both with less than a gig of ram no lagging or anything even with midi controllers

laptops are pretty cheap these days anyway i picked one up for my mum not to long ago was only $600 and definately a decent one

i gotta get my shit together and get a new one haha :)

Yeah i was thinking about a reformat but my new midi keyboard doesn't work with my current motherboard and iv installed all the correct drivers. When i plug it in my mouse just stops working. My gfx card is on its last legs as well. I might as well just get a laptop in the next month or so. Might have to sell some of my cacti to fund it.

Any-who the laptop i'm looking at is here: http://www.msy.com.au/product.jsp?productId=9458 Its one of the best deals iv ever seen on a lap-top and with the specs it got under the hood it will be able to run cubase no worries, even if i have reverb units on every channel and and if i'm cranking multiple four oscilator synths :)

Cant wait.

Also would anybody here be interested in buying a saffire pro 14 audio interface hit me up. Its runs with Firewire so make sure your motherboard supports it.

1TB hard drive in it jeez thats pretty extrememe haha

firewire ay i use my old stanton final scratch interface as a soundcard but it runs on firewire to

wich sucks as its not a common thing bit worried about that part with gettin a new lappy gonna have to try make sure i get firewire

You made me realize how badly I need a new laptop haha

I've always had toshibas and never had issues I think theyre good quality and price

I found this for 40% off at Harvey Norman thought fuck it I'll take it girlfriend picked it up in Perth for me yesterday :)

750gig HD 4gig ram expandable to 16 decent graphics card looks pretty good to me for the price check it out

http://www.harveynorman.com.au/toshiba-satellite-l850-0d1-laptop.html

Edited by myco