The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Halif

Happy Spring Saturday to all

I probably couldn't feel much flatter, but thought it'd be nice to just give thanks for the simple fact that it is Saturday and I don't have to do anything. A few days of using doxylamine to get some much needed sleep has left with me with about as much humanity as a piece of driftwood. Actually, I couldn't compete with driftwood right now. That was an overly ambitious comparison.

But hey, it's Spring, it's not too gloomy or cold where I am, and I can genuinely say that I am happy to not have to do anything or interact with anyone today. Sometimes that's the greatest gift of all. It's not so bad being an empty vessel when there are no passengers to carry - if you get my drift(wood).

Hooray for Spring and for it being a day of rest for some of us!

Anyone got anything fun or exciting on this weekend?

• Like 1

hehe thanks Amazonian

You've brightened up my day a bit and produced a smile.

The warm weather here in Victoria must be lifting my spirits a bit. A couple of hours back I wouldn't have been able to produce even a turd let alone a smile.

It is a very pleasant day though, isn't it? I'm starting to feel like some kind of living organism with feelings and words and whatnot. Doxylamine, for me, has the unfortunate effect of turning me into a zombie after a few days of use. It gets to the point where I have to seriously ask which is worse, being tired and irritable or being a walking void. Anyway, feeling a bit more lively now.

I think I'll go outside and smell the ...errrr... cacti.

Have a happy ol' day everyone!

• Like 1

i love spring all my seedlings are loving this weather :)

Chin up Halif :)

It was a sunny day in Melbourne hey (helps lift the spirit).

I did some weeding of pot plants and assessed what had died back and definitely wasn't coming alive, chucked out brocken pots and returned saucers to pot bases, and then gave everything a bit of a water. I am gearing up for some serious spring gardening, that's for sure.

:)

Edited by Amazonian
  • Like 1

Yep, it feels like it is getting to that time of year. Time to get out into the garden and do a bit of maintenance. Time to look at all the weeds I've let run wild. Time to start planning what I'm going to do with all my beautiful plants before the end of the year when I have to find new accommodation.

Today was a nice day. I did almost nothing. Smoked too many cigarettes (terrible habit recently picked up again), drank a few nice beers, sat outside and looked at the plants, talked to my cats, looked at birds as they hunted for food...

Hope everyone else had a decent day. Feels like it's time to wake up from the Winter freeze and get active again. Warm weather and many blooms on the horizon! Huzzah!

• Like 1

Still freeing cold at night here, won't be until nov when the nights warm up. I do

Enjoy listening to the birds getting excited about it though. Time to rotary hoe the VEGIE patch I think :)

• Like 1

Really nice pictures! The first one in particular blasted my eyes with its radiance!

Today has been another pleasant, sunny Spring introduction in Victoria. Went for a walk around the neighbourhood and saw lots of blossoms bursting and wattles shooting their sinus-exploding goodness into the air.

It was a fresh, clean day for walking off a bit of a hangover I got yesterday after my brother and I grabbed us some nice bits and pieces from Dan Murphy's. Bit of the old wheat beer and a drop of the old whisky. Seems there's a trend toward making honey whisky products at the moment. I saw lots of that from the big name producers on the shelves yesterday. Must be a bee plague somewhere in the world or something.

I'm not much into sweet alcohol but I tried a bit of this Jack Daniel's honey whisky liquer thing that my bro bought and found it quite agreeable. Then again, by that point I'd had a few beers already and was finding most everything agreeable.

With weather like we've had the last couple of days, even my hangover today was somewhat agreeable. I just stood, sat, and rolled around in the garden doing not a thing all day. Quite enjoyable actually.

Hope everyone else has had a good one to welcome in the season of new beginnings.