The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
medicinedan

phalaris sux , what acacias??

very minimal success with phalaris extractions. I reckon i'd need kilos for a resonable amount. Acacias are all around me (dont think i'm going to go chopping up all these nice native trees either) but whats the go?? I know that longifolia is a good source, but this one is hard to come by around here. There are cootamundra wattles infesting the place everywhere??? other ones are A.paradoxa

A. ligulata

A. pycnantha

A. acinacea

Should i just go for any? give it a go? and if i did find a longifolia would i scrape a bit of bark, or go a few leaves??

i have an idea of where u might find something

not confirmed but a strongs suspiscion

however it involves going to outback SA

quite out back

Hi Daniel,

All this info is easily found, it sounds like you still have a lot of reading to do on the subject, there is HEAPS out there so I would get'a crack'n.

Do some searching on here, EBA and on google, if using the latter try the following search term "+acacia +DMT +australia OR south-australia", you'll hit a gold mine of information.

Just one more thing, you may like to choose your words a little more carefully as your doing a good job of self incrimination.

good stuff, andyamine. if it werent for posts like this no one would no shit. This is about sharing info, isnt it?. Believe me i have searched for many a time. Have I come across relative info? no. I'm not having a go, so chill. If you search everything, i guarantee you will find 10hundred posts on phalaris and mimosa hostill...(however u spell it) root bark, But not 1 on Australian Acacias. I know they are psychoactive...but there is'nt much confirmed extractions to credit. NOT THAT I'D WANT to try any do anything illegal, blah, blah , (disclaimer, bullshit) ect....ect....

There is a great website, on Acacias, but I can't find it at the moment. Or remember what it's called. The only help I can offer is this: it was on http://mulga.yage.net

The page is designed to kind of look like a 'windows explorer' window, with folders that expand down the side of the page, etc. It lists various acacias, their chemical levels, extraction techniques, etc.

Hopefully someone has the link. I think I got it off this forum in the first place anyways.

Sorry to be so vague. :(

But I hope this helps jog someone else's memory.

danielbotany:

good stuff, andyamine. if it werent for posts like this no one would no shit.  

Whoa, easy lil fella :rolleyes:

Presuming you've tried the search button at the top of the page, and that you're asking for serious comparative data ( which it didn't sound like from your initial post ) you should be aware that like most botanicals, the active acacia ingredient yield could be linked to environmental, seasonal and genetic factors that could render any small samples of data useless for comparison.

If the species you mentioned were sampled at the same time on the same days then results ( may ) be more accurate, but I haven't seen anything to this effect yet. That doesn't mean they're not being done, it just means I haven't seen it yet.

There are people who are working on controlling some of these factors within a limited number of species, by cloning selected acacias and placing them in a variety of climates and co-ordinating sampling several times annually over a period of several years. Unfortunately this research is in its very early stages and won't yield results for about seven years.

And then they will be accurate only for those species in that gene pool, maybe giving a guide as to best harvest time. You are welcome to plant some seed of the same species from several different parent trees in the one place and monitor yield during different seasons, and that could contribute productively to the greater pool of knowledge

Benzito:

There is a great website, on Acacias, but I can't find it at the moment. Or remember what it's called. The only help I can offer is this: it was on  http://mulga.yage.net

The page is designed to kind of look like a 'windows explorer' window, with folders that expand down the side of the page, etc.

This one:

http://mulga.yage.net/acacia/index.html

danielbotany:

Please share your suspicions Rev. Has anyone from australia had success with acacias?

No im afraid i cant do so publicly as some of these species are not so common making them vulnerable to overharvesting. If somebody just wants an easy species they can grow maidenii or obtusifolia in most parts of australia

Id only be intereted in sharing with somebody serious who can ID plants,can travel and is in this to collect seed for growing/sharing and samples for testing.

Fair call Rev.

Gotta look after the plants. :)

I directed you to all the info you asked for danielbotany... You would have found/learned far more by following my advice instead of just asking more and more questions.

quote:

If you search everything, i guarantee you will find 10hundred posts on phalaris and mimosa hostill...(however u spell it) root bark, But not 1 on Australian Acacias. I know they are psychoactive...but there is'nt much confirmed extractions to credit

Did you even try doing a search on google using the terms I suggested???

I doubt it because I just did it and the first things that come up are links to the Lyceum on the subjects of "Wattles of Australia" and "Extracting DMT from Acacia Maidenii" then many, many more underneath and on the following pages.

Then there is this place, the very site your posting on is a gold mine of information on these subjects.

Google Search Results

quote:

Has anyone from australia had success with acacias?

As stated in my previous post, you need to do some searching, then some reading, then after you've searched and read everything you can, do some more asking.

[ 30. May 2005, 08:16: Message edited by: AndyAmine. ]

I understand Rev, my sentiments exactly. I do have qualifications (certificates ect..) in plant id and certain other botanical areas. Though I am far from a fully qualified botanist.

ps.. Sorry to cause upset Andy, I thought that someone who had some 'personal experience' might have replied to my questions. You are correct though, there is some info on the net, and a wee little bit of relevant info...