The Corroboree
dracos6

Tabernaemontana Orientalis

what is the alkaline makeup of these 2 species, and what is the psychedelic/dissociative profile for the those respective alkaloids?

I know you know these 2 species, what's the confusion??

what is the alkaline makeup of these 2 species, and what is the psychedelic/dissociative profile for the those respective alkaloids?

I know you know these 2 species, what's the confusion??

The confusion is/was about 'alkaline'. Like most plants Tabs are not alkaline, but rather slightly acidic. I thought you were wanting to discuss alkalinity of latex exudate, which is not applicable as the exudate is not alkaline. The question did not make sense in it's literal from and I did not want to be presumptious and put my foot in it ;) I didn't think you would mean alkaloids, because all the detail has been on the SAB page for years.

Anyway, it seems you want to know about the alkaloids. Yes, I do know about them. I've provided most of what I know as well as the data from the van Beek paper on the SAB Tabs page. Pandacaqui does not contain ibogaine and produces a very sedating effect (much like Rauvolfia), while orientalis produces a stimulating effects and contains ibogaine. Lost of other alkaloids in both.

http://shaman-australis.com.au/shop/index....cPath=21_35_109

oh, right, thanks for that, yeah I didn't mean the exudate, I understand. It's just THAT info page was gone for so long, I'm glad it's back.

BTW, my main concern was to elucidate the makeup of the tabernaemontana australis.

AUSTRALIS baby, what can you tell me about it? About the only thing i've read is that it contains no psychoactives. But surely it MUST, I mean, even jasmine does! WHY has this particular been excluded from study? The seeds and foliage are probably the sexiest out of the tabernaemontana!

ooops, sorry, muddled up australis and orientalis.

australis contain voacamine and is not very psychoactive. It's great against malaria though.

ive got a large dried bag of T.orientalis if anyone wishes to experiment with it.