The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Happy Cadaver

Dinosperma erythrococcum (Tingle tongue)

eh? what happened here?

Edited by darcy

ahh some type of nerve toxin perhaps?

that would cause numbing wouldnt it?... could have some interesting effects with large doses

heh heh

The name sounds similar to the Ausralian cocaine tree that me and a friend went looking for once up north. Yes it has been documented growing in a certain national park. Unfortunately we didnt find it but its supposed to be chewed with lime to release the alkaloids i think. The species name does sound like it and its quite rare i think.

tensegger xusheng although in the same species as cocaine containing plants the ones up here dont contain cocaine and i beileve someone here did a bio essay on some and found it quite a bad expereince.

I thought i read an piece by Mulga that said Cocain grew in the mountains of Samatra once ? Sotra geographicaly close to FNQ .

yeah ive been told that coca was grown up here in the far north, though last time i said this i offended someone by saying this, so i wont go into it again. very possible there is wild ones growing now.

Not funny darcy. I almost deleted you!!! Lucky I spotted the registration date before I hit the button.

Actually, I thought that name was 'reserved' by the software?!?

#3 is E ellipticum

Darcy, Erythoxylum is definately the one i was thinking of. Ive always wondered about it since we went looking for it but never really had any information about it.

Do you know of any good web sites i can reference it?

Btw youve helped me clarify an old mystery since we never actually found it and ive never talked to anyone who knew anything about it except for my freind who took me on the wild goose chase to begin with. I guess a university resource of some sort might be the place to find info about it?

Thanks

[ 07. February 2005, 13:35: Message edited by: tensegger xusheng ]