The Corroboree
space cadet swami

Germinating by the moons cycles..?

Germinating by the full moon..?  

64 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

credibility and certainly isn't the simplest thing to find..... thats for sure

a random recent example of how everywhere we look we find evidence that our models are wrong.

http://scitechdaily.com/cosmic-search-casts-doubts-on-our-understanding-of-galaxies-and-black-holes/

note the strengthening voice of dissent in comments sections

Edited by ThunderIdeal

Well its full moon tonight...... exciting times

so i planted some seeds, im really excited to see if this improves the germination :lol:

Ive got the seeds planted in triplets and im going to plant some more seeds next week as a control

If all goes well this could be a game changing scientific discovery B) Hopefully ill get it published in http://www.nature.com/nplants/

Its not quite that simple... you should have had your seeds in by now... especially coinciding with the autumn equinox !

In response to the vast majority of posts in this thread

post-14471-0-86353400-1443348125_thumb.j

post-14471-0-86353400-1443348125_thumb.jpeg

post-14471-0-86353400-1443348125_thumb.jpeg

• Like 1

I wonder if i lived in a time without irrigation etc whether the moons effect on the water table would affect my crops yeild.??

I wonder if i lived in a time without irrigation etc whether the moons effect on the water table would affect my crops yeild.??

at what elevation?

has anyone done any experiments with germinating under electromagnetic fields, perhaps of varying frequency?

• Like 1

Last season I tested out several electromagnetic frequencies and their effects on germinating over 80 types of common vegetables. Obviously this took alot of time and I'm not willing to post my results... BUT trust me, they influence plant growth greater than sunlight and nitrogen.

• Like 3

"I'm not willing to post my results... BUT trust me"

No sorry. You lost my interest...

when a person says "trust me" that's about as good a reason as i will ever get to "not trust" that person.

Let me play..

What frequency's did you try?

What electrical system did you use to generate these frequency's?

what coil arrangements did you use?

what was the coil winding formula (pattern)?

I don't "trust", i "probe" more-so when i smell a rat, as i do in this case.

Edited by ghosty

It wouldnt be having any crazy dramatic effect

The land rises too. The water may rise marginally more but you'd probably just be better off with irrgation :P

• Like 1

I think this site would be far more interesting if more folks did some real experiments and posted some real results.

this could lead to some real benefits, rather than a pseudo-popularity contest. after all, isnt what facebook, twit, youtube, and google- is for?

I thought it was rather obvious that all life is based on these such magnetic / pseudo-magnetic frequency's. why choose to take the piss from a valid on-topic subject and question?

Was the question simply beyond you? thus the need to pisstake?

• Like 1

I think this site would be far more interesting if more folks did some real experiments and posted some real results.

this could lead to some real benefits, rather than a pseudo-popularity contest. after all, isnt what facebook, twit, youtube, and google- is for?

I thought it was rather obvious that all life is based on these such magnetic / pseudo-magnetic frequency's. why choose to take the piss from a valid on-topic subject and question?

Was the question simply beyond you? thus the need to pisstake?

I didn't think it was obvious. In fact why is it obvious at all?

What is magnetism?

What are magnetic frequencies?

How are there "pseudo-magnetic frequencies"?

Are they almost magnetic?

I'm not taking the piss. They are valid questions. Your intuition is not obvious to me.

oh, you don't keep up with science? you cant interpret what you can see? that's odd seeing as how most posts here are oh-so-scientific...

"I'm not taking the piss. They are valid questions. Your intuition is not obvious to me." this is oxymoron, and clearly pisstaking.

"How are there "pseudo-magnetic frequencies"?" you do understand english right?

We can sit here all day of you like and debate anything but the topic.

I was refering to this

-"Last season I tested out several electromagnetic frequencies and their effects on germinating over 80 types of common vegetables. Obviously this took alot of time and I'm not willing to post my results... BUT trust me, they influence plant growth greater than sunlight and nitrogen."

Obviously all rubbish, from a person who wishes to simply be an "adam".

Are we disscussing the topic of germinating by moonlight and it's related known / suspected facts or just playing facebook games?

Edited by ghosty

Nearly every bit of matter in the universe is plasma. I'm talking about actual matter, not unproven unobserved matter inferred by nothing other than the failure of big bang cosmology to explain the structures that we actually observe.

Plasma.

When you see a lightning bolt that's a plasma bolt, the charge is dense enough to give off UV so it is in arc mode. Less charge density will glow, and less still will not. That's likely what we're seeing (and not seeing) in the universe at large.

Even gravity, some propose, is better explained as an electric dipole effect.

Virtually no funding goes into investigating these notions.

• Like 2

You get an electric current you got yourself a magnetic field. So that's why magnetic fields pervade galaxies? Or should we stick with a shaky notion that these fields are "frozen in" by the big bang?

On the other hand magnetism doesnt have to be an obstacle to consensus theory. An even shakier notion (in that it has never been observed under any conditions), magnetic reconnection, can be used to explain certain data that doesn't fit.

Edited by ThunderIdeal

"should we stick with a shaky notion that these fields are "frozen in" by the big bang?"

no thanks.

"in that it has never been observed under any conditions"

this gets interesting... Too many phenomena that occurs every second throughout the cosmos is not possible, it seems to re-create here. Einstein's condensate is a rare example of a theory thought to be not possible for god-knows how long. wasnt until they did it in the dark, it worked out. now, science has reached a time when it's looking outside the box, trying things that by sciences standards should not work, only to find that they do. The whole scientific field is now more exciting than it's ever been in my lifetime. and turning over many of it's own tables.

great time to be alive.. :wink:

could it not be said, that plasma (i create some sick plasma at times =)) is an pseudo-electromagnetic force?

"the charge is dense enough to give off UV so it is in arc mode. Less charge density will glow, and less still will not."

thats true. and also why i tend to laugh when some drop-kick pulls a stun-gun on me.. showing me their pissy little thin weak sparks.. LOL I used to play with stuff like that when i was 7yo. Those idiots should see the current at high frequency i create (to make my nitric acid, natures way) that arc'll kill ya. stone flippin dead.

it's created by electromagnetic forces. is magnetic forces and we call it plasma.

Edited by ghosty

Astrophysics is full of shaky inferences and they call plasma cosmology pseudoscience.

Plasma can be observed in a lab creating small scale replicas of the structures and events we see in the wider universe.

THAT is experimental data. Electrically sterile gravity simulations is maths and bandaids, not observations. Even with decades of bandaids it doesn't even resemble the observational data that's pouring in from the glut of new telescopes facilities, orbiters, probes and so forth.

The big bang is croaking and with it our gravity dominated cosmology. Charge separation is everywhere and the solar system is among other things a complex electrical circuit.

..and that is why we cant rule out the influence of heavenly bodies in the biosphere. That's like saying the switch, wire and bulb don't effect one another.

yup =)

thanks for steppin up to clarify my point. i gave up giving a fuck about many things years ago, so dont much bother about clarity of my points. i see you say your running out of fucks to give.. BUT, you still give enough of a fuck to chime in and clarify things. Nice one Thunder.

if you want proof of the moons influence then go fishing. moonrise, meridian, moonset, meridian. bang bang bang bang. more so on the meridians ime. add a nice thunder storm into the mix and shit gets crazy.

Whats fishing got to do with germination ?

nothing i guess, it just demonstrates that the moon has an influence on nature. I should probably stop posting here, i dont even germinate by the moons i raise seeds indoors. I apply the moon cycle stuff to cuttings, grafting, planting out, re potting, weeding and other stuff.

^^Id love to hear how the moon cycles effect your grafting results