The Corroboree
ahura999

where is the chemist R.Simpson - Sasha Shulgin was expert witness - 2-CB

hi, trying to find info on court case at which Sasha Shulgin was expert witness . where is R.Simpson now ?

anyone have info/advice where to find caselaw, notes or how to contact R.Simpson ?

Ann could probably give you the details of the solicitor that dealt with the case.

I've seen the appeal decision online some years ago, so it should be possible to find.

No idea where the defendants would be now, but musicians tend to stay with their peers, so maybe ask around the australian music scene.

i cant find any court references, docs etc if anyone can help that would be great .

I have spent a lot of time searching, but I can't find any reference to it anymore. I know the appeal documents were online a few years ago on a courts database. it was either NSW or victoria. I know it mentioned shulgin's testimony in it [him by name] and discussed his assertion that 2CB was not a hallucinogen. I've searched about 200 pages of search results, but can't find it.

Hi ... I am R.Simpson referred to in this post.

• Like 1

Intrigued, I had to look this up. 

https://www.austlii.edu.au/au/nsw/ --- search "Shulgin" to find: 

Regina v McEwen; Regina v Simpson; Regina v Simpson; Regina v Marcovich Matter Nos 60535/96 [1998] NSWSC 1005 (12 March 1998)

On 03/07/2012 at 2:16 AM, Torsten said:

I've seen the appeal decision online some years ago, so it should be possible to find.

Edited by fyzygy
  • Like 3

Man, that was a very interesting rabbit hole to follow.