The Corroboree
andy

Growing conditions for Subs - OBERON, NSW

Re the natural growing conditions for Subs:

Have I left it too late in the year (i.e., is it now too cold?)

I am just wondering about the recent weather in Oberon - it has been below 10 deg all week, wet and very humid (100% yesterday).

eg: http://www.bom.gov.a...801.95735.shtml

Are these favourable conditions for subs? I was thinking of getting up there soon, but it could get colder and become 'frosty', which may affect the fungi (or is 'frost' not really a problem...?).

The dew point is relatively close to the actual air temp of 3.5 deg. but this website lists frost risk as 'severe' http://www.weatherzo...blelands/oberon

It's a mission of a trip from where I live, especially if I'm just going to have a look for research purposes...

Edited by andy

Too late for the mountains, maybe. Get back to the city. I found the biggest patch I've ever seen yesterday, in suburban Sydney. Probably the size of a basketball court, covered in subs.

• Like 2

Too late for the mountains, maybe. Get back to the city. I found the biggest patch I've ever seen yesterday, in suburban Sydney. Probably the size of a basketball court, covered in subs.

you made me salivate more than the breakfast I just ate! I went for a walk in Balingup, WA on Monday morning and found nussing! :(

Crazy.. How far North do Subs usually make it?

I've looked in a few places from in between Newcastle down to Bathurst / Central West region, and found nothing.. That was a few years back, though.