The Corroboree
incognito

What are your ethnic origins?

Family tree lead back to a family shield from 1634 Transylvania, Romania. Scandinavian, Scottish & Irish ancestry also. Many of my ancestors that come over as convicts were hung for stealing handkerchiefs or some bread, what is says on their death certs.

Boring as here... British and French on fathers side.. Irish but further back on my mums.

Apparently related somehow to Buffalo Bill on my mums side of family tree, and apparently some familial link to French aristocracy on my Dad's side - something my UK dual passport wielding partner loves to tease. Apparently anyway - for all I know the people who cared enough to do the family tree were just senile and its a load of rubbish.

adam and eve :crux:

Edited by bullit
  • Like 1

Back when this thread was halfway serious (thank you "earthlings and "sapiens") i was interested by the number of eastern European genes in our little community.

I'm british, grew up in England, still live here for now though I fancy moving somewhere else, family wise... maybe a bit of german jew but pretty much entirely from England

Some of you might be interested to know my family name is "Hobart" :-P

Oh and I heard a fun Australian joke,

why do so many australians work in the UK?
Because they always return to the scene of the crime