The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
opiumfreak

move to oz?

Hi I live in sweden I would like to move to australia and live with the aboriginals. I see as a spiritual thing to take the plants they use like the rastafarians chalice. Do you think the aboriginals would accept me?

would you mind explaining what a rastafarian's chalice is?

i've never actually heard the term before.

• Like 1

I would like to move to sweden and sing with Abba I'll swap ya

• Like 4

would you mind explaining what a rastafarian's chalice is?

i've never actually heard the term before.

The rastafarians chalice is a coconut bong they use to smoke their sacred plant

I used to dream about Frida...one sexy ooh la la....

Oh Frida whatever did happen to you...maybe we could get a package deal Max...PM me.

• Like 1

Don't do it! Your hair-do alone would be offensive.

• Like 1

no need to be rude Im only kiddibg I wouldnt survive, a tourist trip would be more appropriate

It's sad OF but a large % of Australian aborigines "murri's" are trapped in the grip of alcohol addiction. They have been persecuted for so long, that a large majority have turned into racists themselves. It is a sad cycle that needs to be broken & hopefully one day will be. The Govt. needs to realise that throwing money at a problem does not fix it. Education is the only way we can fix issues like these.

Peace & love my brothers & sisters.

• Like 2

^^^u are a little shit stirrer aren't u... :wink:

Education in the form of breaking cycles, my friend.

Education comes in many forms...one day I will educate you on this... :P

A better term might be knowledge, but knowledge comes through education. :o

Ahh such a paradox... :innocent_n:

Cultural education is nice & everything, but when ur trapped in cycles of alcohol abuse & violence the cycle must be broken before anything else can be effected. When you see it first hand on the missions, or as a family members partner, you'll then understand the destruction that has taken place within these communities. It is a long road our indigenous peoples have yet to travel & repetitive cycles of abuse are the 1st things that must be addressed.

First things first. Education through a better understanding of the destructive nature of cycles & belief patterning.

Therefore, if you didn't make good points I would razzle ya for going off topic ;)

Moving to Aus myself in the next year or two. Melbooooourrrrrnneeee!

Not for good but at least a 1-2 years, Aotearoa will always be my home, too many plants to give up haha.

Can't wait to catch up with all you Melbourne peeps, show you ozzys how to graft :P

P.S.. Will make a thread bout it when I'm closer to moving, but will be trying to get in touch with anyone in the hort. or hospo industry.

How common are piss tests for outdoor Aussie work? I've never gone to a job intoxicated but could never pass a piss test.

Edited by centipede
  • Like 1

I was talking to a kiwi mate who is working over in a small mining town in oz and it sounds like some pretty strange pranks and games go on there. He sed one of his flatmates kept putting lumps of cheese in my mates bed, his clothes, the shower, washing machiene etc. So as revenge he pourd 2 litres of milk into the guys bag - which he didnt notice for a week.

And I heard about lots of yucky man-bits pranks which I dnt care to remember or repeat..

No women in the town he's living in, it sounds like that drives them a bit mad.

Anyone played 'snout'? I'm just wondering if all cities are like that?

Or just the small, female deprived ones?