The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Zen Peddler

Black guy on the train talking shrooms tonight

races don't exist actually.

• Like 3

i dont think racism is really an issue. I think the real issue is intolerance. Wether this is because of race, sexuality, mannerisms, standing in the community or anything else. Prejudging someone to fit into some kind of classification in your mind without even knowing them is what is truly wrong.

People address me with a racial slurr on at least a weekly basis. This never worries me unless it is someone being intolerant or aggressive toward me. If you stand out in any community you are different in some way and will get called out for it. The only time this really is a problem is when you are prejudged and classified for looking or acting a certain way. I always find it funny when people are so shocked by a racist or sexist slurr but will gladly bandy around "bogan" or "houso" and even judge people on that classification without any interactions with them.

• Like 3

I think u make a lot of sense old friEnd.

Edited by incognito

Double post.

Edited by incognito

Triple post?

Edited by incognito

OMFG!!!!! wats up with every1? Chill the fuck out and go smoke a relaxant or take a chill pill. After I read this whole thread it is most likley going to be deleted or heavily edited and I'm not going to PM every1 who's post I change

• Like 2

this thread is ver' funny.

re: nationality. i always wonder how to ask people about their ethnicity. i usually ask what is their cultural heritage. i think most still find it weird but it's a very interesting thing to me and i always want to know, because ethnicity fascinates me. i like being able to guess, especially obscure ones. so far i have collected khmer, roma and bulgarian. gotta catch em all

interesting and strange: i once read that their third most imprisoned race in australian prisons is burmese, yet i don't know if i have ever met a burmese person, and they certainly don't have restaurants. odd.

maybe we should start a thread where you say what ethnicity you are.

for the record i am extremely, uncomfortably british. and dangerously welsh.